What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, agree. But I do it even when it's not required... :p (I don't know why a voice on my head told me to each time)

I do the same thing with MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc. It means I upgrade less often, but it seems to help ensure stability and performance, and I like my stuff to just work. I don't do betas, and only upgrade a firmware after a minimum of a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months for the X.X.a, third decimal point revisions :)

Having to hard reset every other update and setup from scratch is a killer. Ughhh just venting.
Yes, agree. But I do it even when it's not required... :p (I don't know why a voice on my head told me to each time)

I do just one time and F*k the router. Never more do that. In the last firmware no reset and Works fine.

Having to hard reset every other update and setup from scratch is a killer. Ughhh just venting.

I do just one time and F*k the router. Never more do that. In the last firmware no reset and Works fine.

LOL you are sadistic to do it when not required. It makes sense since while trying to get these to work we been turning things on and off.

F*k the router yeah but then you are not on the latest drivers just the latest settings.

LOL you are sadistic to do it when not required. It makes sense since while trying to get these to work we been turning things on and off.

F*k the router yeah but then you are not on the latest drivers just the latest settings.
I have the latest drivers on.

Yes, you have them in the firmware but you may not use them properly (or not at all). So, it may all work fine (as with previous firmware versions) but you are not set properly. Up to you to decide to run with a half baked firmware (not really loading the new configuration settings taking advantage of the new drivers) that works fine on most cases (backwards compatibility) or upgrade properly. Is this so complicated to understand? :confused:

Last edited:
Yes, you have them in the firmware but you may not use them properly (or not at all). So, it may all work fine (as with previous firmware versions) but you are not set properly. Up to you to decide to run with a half baked firmware (not really loading the new configuration settings taking advantage of the new drivers) that works fine on most cases (backwards compatibility) or upgrade properly. Is this so complicated to understand? :confused:
Well, for me, Works very fine and stable, no drop down, a lot of devices connected. Use RT-ACC66U like signal repeater, very Strong connection. No problems with iphone 6. since the update, I never had disconnection. Is this so complicated to understand?

Uuuhm, I am afraid but you don't get the point. Lets try again...

You asked why I should reset if it works fine? And I have answered that it may work perfectly fine like in your case but that's not the point.

The point is: You simply may not use the latest fixes and improvements or new drivers due to your old settings. Any better ? Lol

Last edited:
Uuuhm, I am afraid but you don't get the point. Lets try again...

You asked why I should reset if it works fine? And I have answered that it may work perfectly fine like in your case but that's not the point.

The point is: You simply may not use the latest fixes and improvements or new drivers due to your old settings. Any better ? Lol
The point is, you did not prove that I'm not using the last fixes?

The point is, you did not prove that I'm not using the last fixes?

I tested hggomes unlimited Tx build (378.53.1 based on RMerlin's 378.53 firmware) on an RT-AC68U that was already running the latest RMerlin build (378.53_0).

Until I did a reset to factory defaults, none of the Tx improvements were available. And I'm sure quite a few of the other updates in hggomes fork were not either.

If you don't reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally configure the router afterwards to secure it and connect to your ISP you are fooling yourself that you are running the latest version. Just as important is to use new ssid's too - or, 'forget' and re-associate each device on your network one by one.

I'm sure you will still not be convinced, but now others will know how these things work.

And as someone mentioned (was it here or another thread?), flashing the new firmware twice and resetting each time is also helpful (even if it doesn't appear entirely logical with what we think we know).

I tested hggomes unlimited Tx build (378.53.1 based on RMerlin's 378.53 firmware) on an RT-AC68U that was already running the latest RMerlin build (378.53_0).

Until I did a reset to factory defaults, none of the Tx improvements were available. And I'm sure quite a few of the other updates in hggomes fork were not either.

If you don't reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally configure the router afterwards to secure it and connect to your ISP you are fooling yourself that you are running the latest version. Just as important is to use new ssid's too - or, 'forget' and re-associate each device on your network one by one.

I'm sure you will still not be convinced, but now others will know how these things work.

And as someone mentioned (was it here or another thread?), flashing the new firmware twice and resetting each time is also helpful (even if it doesn't appear entirely logical with what we think we know).

Maybe you're right. The next update will be reset. But now do the flash twice I believe it's already out of any logic....

No, but it helped me with the long time it was taking when applying any change.

Replied through TapaTalk

Has anyone been fortunate or unfortunate with the antenna popping off the hinge? This has to be a size means everything the overall antenna length is like 7 inches the "actual" antenna is 2.5 inches??? These would certainly benefit from smaller antenna covers or longer coax to move the real antenna further up the tube. The tubes are really gangly and in the way.

ONLY FOR JAPAN?????

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6065
Japan only version
[Please note] This version changed the login username and password authentication method. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixed
- Enhance the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

MD5:2b32de2b69b6045fa4c694872819310d
*This MD5 checksum is for *.trx, please unzip the downloaded zip file then check the *.trx MD5.
File Size
38,16 (MBytes) 2015.05.29 update

ONLY FOR JAPAN?????

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6065
Japan only version
[Please note] This version changed the login username and password authentication method. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

Security fixed
- Enhance the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.

New feature
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.

MD5:2b32de2b69b6045fa4c694872819310d
*This MD5 checksum is for *.trx, please unzip the downloaded zip file then check the *.trx MD5.
File Size
38,16 (MBytes) 2015.05.29 update

New features are being tested on this version. and it's not only for Japan, I'm testing it too.
If you apply it, and something does not work as expected, please apply it a second time and hard reset again.

After install and hard reset i observed that the 5Ghz speed decreased with appx 20% in compares with 6038 fw... Come back to 6038, hard reset and speed is back...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3 things I noticed with the 6065 firmware...

- UPnP disabled, however AiProtector still claim its not.
- QoS... Dragging the priority things to the devices is an issue, gotta refresh the web page many times for it to work.
- 5ghz... For the first time ever (so far 15 mins), I have been able to connect my N66U as bridge without disconnections. However, 5ghz has 2ms from bridge to router, 2.4ghz has 0ms. I am a gamer first and foremost so this is a bad thing. :\

EDIT: 5ghz not good enough, still some disconnections, although more rarely. Disconnections and 2ms is a nope.

Last edited:
When is Asus going to fix the bizarre issue associated with port 1 which would make the router virtually non-functional? The issue is more or less consistent in my case s I don't have anything connected to it.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online