What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

2061 has been great for me and BTW just thought i'd throw this out here.

If you're on Twitter follow @davb0t . I have a script that monitors the URL's for all of Asus's AC router firmware and tweets when the firmware is updated.

2061 has been great for me and BTW just thought i'd throw this out here.

If you're on Twitter follow @davb0t . I have a script that monitors the URL's for all of Asus's AC router firmware and tweets when the firmware is updated.

Cool hope it works :)

I am also getting the dreaded vlan2 dead loop message. The new firmware, 376.2060, seems to have not done anything to resolve that issue. Pity.

Getting this too, flooding my logs. Happens with latest FW, and even merlins 376.46

New Public Release Firmware - Build 2678

1. This will be up on the support site and servers for auto update late tomorrow.
2. Download here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17612062/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_376_2678-gb2dcaa5.rar
3. Short Fix List
Major Changes
(1) Enhanced the button and LED response time.
(2) Added the application icons in Bandwidth monitor.
(3) Update to Quantenna’s latest driver which can improve long range RT-AC87U to RT-AC87U performance

Minor Changes
(1) Fixed OpenVPN client UI issue.
(2) Fixed the NTP sync error when user manually assigns the NTP server IP.
(3) Fixed AiCloud IE11 compatibility bug.
(4) Fixed USB icon at wrong position in network map.
(5) Fixed reboot issue when changing the 5GHz band from auto to 161.
(6) Fixed PPTP VPN server connection issue due to special character usage

Getting this too, flooding my logs. Happens with latest FW, and even merlins 376.46

Guys, this has been explained at least 5 times already, and workarounds have also been posted at least three times. There's even a thread dedicated to this issue in this sub-forum, please do some browsing and searching. Forums aren't just meant for posting, they are also meant to be read.

Merlin or Gary, does this include the trend micro engine change in this release? I just want to use QoS again without having to worry about the router randomly rebooting on me. As this was an issue for me in the previous release's. But Merlin mention the engine update asus was doing after .2061 build.

Merlin or Gary, does this include the trend micro engine change in this release? I just want to use QoS again without having to worry about the router randomly rebooting on me. As this was an issue for me in the previous release's. But Merlin mention the engine update asus was doing after .2061 build.

I know that some parts of the engine were updated in 2381. I haven't checked yet if the new 26xx release also updated it any further.

Not sure either if the dead loop issue was fixed. I ran the new 26xx build for a night, I don't remember seeing vlan2 dead loop errors in the log, but I didn't specifically test it out. I think it's supposed to be fixed.

Thanks Gary! I will upload this later today. I noticed in the change log there was not too much changed/mentioned in the USB Performance. I know that was talked about previously and hope it comes in future releases.

I'm not sure if others are experiencing issues with the USB ports or it is just me. Printer Server seems to disconnects frequently and I have to reboot the router in order for my computer to see the printer. Also when I stream through the 3.0 USB port via portable hard drive (DLNA). I cannot watch a movie without it disconnecting a couple times.

I've tried the old flushing the firmware steps and still nothing... Maybe this new firmware will fix some issues!

RMerlin can you please update your source code to build 2678 as soon as possible thanks

Last edited:
Not sure either if the dead loop issue was fixed. I ran the new 26xx build for a night, I don't remember seeing vlan2 dead loop errors in the log, but I didn't specifically test it out. I think it's supposed to be fixed.

Have not seen the dead loop issue in the 2 hours I've been running this latest FW

Gary,

Looking at the build .2678, I know last week you said you hoped to have a beta based off of .2381. Seeing this release, I guess you were blue to release a even newer build? Maybe the one you mentioned for early september? As there is no mention of this being a beta build.

Either way I am happy, just like I know other's are. I just didn't know if this is the early september build you mentioned last week.

RMerlin can you please update your source code to build 2678

This isn't even on asus website yet, so I would think Merlin doesn't even have the source code yet. Plus once he does, he has to have free time to make a updated build. Then probably test a day or two before releasing it. So give him time, as it will most likely be next week, or later depending on when he gets the source code, and can start working on it.

This isn't even on asus website yet, so I would think Merlin doesn't even have the source code yet. Plus once he does, he has to have free time to make a updated build. Then probably test a day or two before releasing it. So give him time, as it will most likely be next week, or later depending on when he gets the source code, and can start working on it.
OK but why is it on this forum before it is even published on Asus website

Because Gary is kind enough to give us first shot at it? Maybe the person in charge of updating it to the site/server, only does it once a day. Also depend's on the time zone the person/people responsible for doing this.

Besides Gary being nice we here in the forum usually find out the quirky issues with the releases. Makes a lot of sense to publish it here and find its messed up then to give to the world and find its messed up. They had that with the RT-AC68U and a constant reboot issue which went on for months.

New Public Release Firmware - Build 2678

1. This will be up on the support site and servers for auto update late tomorrow.
2. Download here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17612062/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_376_2678-gb2dcaa5.rar
3. Short Fix List
Major Changes
(1) Enhanced the button and LED response time.
(2) Added the application icons in Bandwidth monitor.
(3) Update to Quantenna’s latest driver which can improve long range RT-AC87U to RT-AC87U performance

Minor Changes
(1) Fixed OpenVPN client UI issue.
(2) Fixed the NTP sync error when user manually assigns the NTP server IP.
(3) Fixed AiCloud IE11 compatibility bug.
(4) Fixed USB icon at wrong position in network map.
(5) Fixed reboot issue when changing the 5GHz band from auto to 161.
(6) Fixed PPTP VPN server connection issue due to special character usage

Gary, I love you. Seriously though, thanks for the release!

i found one interesting thing with this firmware is that asus finally disabled the reducing usb 3.0 interference by default.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online