What's new

Asus RT-AC88U Client VPN with PIA setup help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeremy King

New Around Here
Guys,

I'm attempting to set up my RT-AC88U with my Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN client using the stock firmware. I've been through forums and youtube videos that all show drastically different methods that my UI gives me access to. I finally found a few seemingly similar articles on the RT-AC68U, but the steps are slightly different and when I complete what I can, I'm met with the following error:

Complete, Lack of Certificate Revocation List(Optional), Lack of Certificate Authority

My options can be seen in the below attached image

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Capture vpn1.PNG
    Capture vpn1.PNG
    271.5 KB · Views: 761
Search this forum for yorgi's posts. He has some excellent tutorials for VPN. ;)

Guys,

I'm attempting to set up my RT-AC88U with my Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN client using the stock firmware. I've been through forums and youtube videos that all show drastically different methods that my UI gives me access to. I finally found a few seemingly similar articles on the RT-AC68U, but the steps are slightly different and when I complete what I can, I'm met with the following error:

Complete, Lack of Certificate Revocation List(Optional), Lack of Certificate Authority

My options can be seen in the below attached image

What am I doing wrong?
I would suggest you use Merlin firmware. With the stock firmware you dont have protection if the tunnel goes down.
If that happens your IP is leaked and there is nothing you can do about it. Whats the purpose of a VPN if it goes down and you are exposed :p