What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6_102_34313 - 2024/05/28

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Firmware version 3.0.0.6_102_34313-g90fb2f8_385-g2830d
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed IPV6 connection issue.

Available from router webUI... upgraded my AiMesh without reconfiguration.

Available from non-US website:

Available from US website eventually: https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...6u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U-Pro

OE

Last edited:
Need update if channel selection from auto on 2.4 and/or 5 GHz stick or not

Also need to know if LEDs turned off actually stay off when changes are made or if 5 ghz light turns back on

What I found was that it is a cosmetic issue. The setting does change but the page is not updating. If I refresh (forced) the page I see the correct value. I might have to refresh the page even after after logging in to the router.

What I found was that it is a cosmetic issue. The setting does change but the page is not updating. If I refresh (forced) the page I see the correct value. I might have to refresh the page even after after logging in to the router.

Either way firmware bug.

Also need to know if LEDs turned off actually stay off when changes are made or if 5 ghz light turns back on
Never had a problem with manual channel selection on either band.

Edit: Also no problem turning the router LED's off and on using the iOS app or the Android app.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with manual channel selection on either band.

Edit: Also no problem turning the router LED's off and on using the iOS app or the Android app.
Thanks - LED toggles off and on with the app but making a change in the web GUI was doing a weird glitch where the 5 Ghz only LED would pop back on and the rest remained off

Now up for download on Asus:
https://www.asus.com/networking-iot...6u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U-Pro
ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34313
Version 3.0.0.6.102_34313
58.16 MB
2024/05/28
Fixed IPV6 connection issue.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 1b7025b992efef0a4b370828e8622a6c8c7ddd5a11ed8fe9d5f7f6c3b4d00c91
Direct download link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...AX86U_PRO_300610234313.zip?model=RT-AX86U Pro
US website (as of this post) doesn't have the 3.0.0.6.102_34313 firmware yet.
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...6u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U-Pro

Thanks - LED toggles off and on with the app but making a change in the web GUI was doing a weird glitch where the 5 Ghz only LED would pop back on and the rest remained off
Ah, I forgot that the LED's can be switched off in the AiMesh management area, So, I switched them off there and all went off and stayed off until I turned them back on. Maybe it is your router that has a glitch and not the firmware?

Ah, I forgot that the LED's can be switched off in the AiMesh management area, So, I switched them off there and all went off and stayed off until I turned them back on. Maybe it is your router that has a glitch and not the firmware?
No because you didn't read what I said. Yes the LEDs turn off but if you make a change say channel manual selection for a band the 5 GHz LED alone would pop back up while the rest stayed off. It's not a problem of turning them off via hardware button or web GUI but there is a software glitch turning that one LED back on; this problem doesn't exist in RMerlin's latest firmware for example so it's not my router

No because you didn't read what I said. Yes the LEDs turn off but if you make a change say channel manual selection for a band the 5 GHz LED alone would pop back up while the rest stayed off. It's not a problem of turning them off via hardware button or web GUI but there is a software glitch turning that one LED back on; this problem doesn't exist in RMerlin's latest firmware for example so it's not my router
Nope. I turned the LED's off and switched between just about every 5 GHz channel and bandwidth choice and the LED's stayed off. All the LED's stayed off.

Maybe you did not do the Hard Factory Reset correctly. Best to do a reset with initialize. Or, your router has a glitch.

The WIFI MAC Filter is not working on this version to block connection attempts. There is a TUYA device somewhere close that is trying to connect to my WIFI as several others have reported on other threads. Setting the Wireless MAC filter to Deny for both bands fails to block the connection attempts. Has been reported to Asus.

Going to Merlin 388.7 I discovered the Guest WIFI has a Wireless MAC filter setting. So, I reflashed the 102.34313 and discovered the Guest Network Pro does not have a wireless MAC filter. That is where the connection attempts were coming from in the log. Back to 388.7 until the Asus 5 firmware gets a MAC filter for the guest networks.

Edit: Ah Ha! Finally got this in the right place!

Quad9 replied:

"DNSSEC should not be enabled on a DNS forwarder or DNS client using a recursive service like Quad9 which already performs DNSSEC validation
https://docs.quad9.net/Quad9_For_Or...der_Best_Practices/#disable-dnssec-validation

Although we don't have a Setup Guide for ASUS routers with DNS over TLS support, all of our other open-source router guides on https://docs.quad9.net explicitly state that DNSSEC should be disabled at the forwarder level.

I'm guessing some other FQDN used for loading resources on that page is failing to resolve properly when DNSSEC enabled on the router."

I think ASUS router firmware should be changed to disable the use of DNSSEC with Quad9.
This is pretty much BS. The purpose of DNSSEC is to validate the packets coming from the upstream resolver to make sure thy have not been tampered with in transmission. Many other upstream resolvers do not have an issue with DNSSEC or the combo of DNSSEC with DoT. Unfortunately, Quad9 resolvers do not play well with DNSSEC or DoT. And this is nothing new. Back in the day when we were working to get Stubby to work on Asus routers I continually had to switch to some other upstream resolver because the connection to Quad9 failed. Back then Stubby did DoT as well as DNSSEC validation.

Oh, it is not just Asus routers that have problems with Quad9 and DNSSEC. I have had issues with Pi-Hole on Quad9 with DNSSEC enabled.

So, don't blame Asus or Merlin. Switch to Cloudflare Secure or Cleanbrowsing.

After a over a month using the Asuswrt 5 firmware I stumbled across a problem. If you upgrade from Asuswrt 4, 388.24219 or older, and you have a guest WIFI configured on the old firmware, the guest WIFI will still work and broadcast on the SSID's you had configured before the upgrade. But, the guest clients will use the routers subnet addresses, 192.168.50.0/24 is default, and the guest networks will not show up in Guest Network Pro and will not be able to be configured. The only recourse is to factory reset and manually configure. Or, before you upgrade, remove all the guest WIFI entries.

Hey folks. I moved the DNSSEC posts. Continue the disussion there.

Hi I’m thinking of testing this FW to try to see if it fixes issues I have with XD6 nodes dropping off the mesh.

Would be coming from latest Merlin 3004 388 8 b1, does anyone have any recommendations, thoughts or experience on this ? ie will it potentially make wired mesh nodes more stable or should I just concentrate on the node devices in isolation?

TIA.

Hi I’m thinking of testing this FW to try to see if it fixes issues I have with XD6 nodes dropping off the mesh.

Would be coming from latest Merlin 3004 388 8 b1, does anyone have any recommendations, thoughts or experience on this ? ie will it potentially make wired mesh nodes more stable or should I just concentrate on the node devices in isolation?

TIA.
I doubt you would gain anything in going to this firmware. The XD6 firmware is getting some age to it and mixing it with Asus 5.0 firmware could make matters worse. Merlin 388.8 beta1 is working well for me. Still, if you have the time you could try it. Easy enough to make backups and restore if and when needed.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!