What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24209 (2024/03/29)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like router is not receiving IP from ISP

This issue is reported regularly for different Asus router models running different firmware and on different ISPs. The solution range from settings change to router replacement. You basically have to experiment and find what works for you. Many threads discussing the issue here on SNB Forums.

Not specific firmware version or router model related, perhaps some Asuswrt incompatibility with ISP provided hardware. I personally have never seen it, but there were reports about it happening on the ISP I also use. The only difference was the ISP provided hardware, different brand and model.

Last edited:
perhaps some Asuswrt incompatibility with ISP provided hardware.
After several tests with this and different routers like 88u pro, I did find out the problem with loosing wan IP is related to hardware issues with ax88u wan port. After reconfiguring Wan port to lan port using dual Wan option the issue was fixed and router is working great as never before and even more solid than ax88u pro for now.
Just want to share...

After several tests with this and different routers like 88u pro, I did find out the problem with loosing wan IP is related to hardware issues with ax88u wan port. After reconfiguring Wan port to lan port using dual Wan option the issue was fixed and router is working great as never before and even more solid than ax88u pro for now.
Just want to share...
Which port did you use as the new primary wan ?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!