What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.1071

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If I have wmm apsd disabled does this mean that wmm is completely off?

Thanks in advance for any reply's

I did a hard reboot as requested, but not a factory reset. I really don't want to recreate my settings again.

Doing a factory re-set is the only way to verify the problem. Suit yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently upgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.4.376_1071. Now the parental controls do not work. When I click on enable parental control, a table row that says system time displays, but that's it -- no save or apply or any of the other configuration items I expected. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brian
It does work well here, also after upgrading to 3.0.0.4.376.1071 without a hard reset.
Is the router time correct? If not, correct it.
If the router system time is correct I also suggest to revert to Factory defaults and manually configure the router again, do NOT load an old configuration backup file.
I strongly advise to write down all the settings YOU make different from the default settings, it is worth for future reference.

Don't use parental controls but enabled it to test.

No issues with 1071.

Attachments

• pcon.JPG
    pcon.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 473
since there is no way to disable wmm, does that mean it is always enabled?

I'm just ready to see rather merlin or asus get all the issues with this sdk6 driver sorted out on the rt-n66u.

I believe all of us are lol

Same here. Ever since Asus went to the SDK6 driver the wireless went bad on the RT-N66U.

After upgrading to this firmware I loose my internet connection every 12 hours. Router gets IP from ISP for 24 hours, but after 12 hours internet stops working so I need to force router to renew DHCP.

perch0:

Take a look at the WAN page for a setting called "DHCP Query Frequency." Is it set to Aggressive, or Normal? And who is your ISP?

Try turning off the power button and then...

Hold the wps button while turning power back on and continue to hold wps button for about 10 seconds then release.

This will make sure the nvram is cleared.

Yes, some have used it and still using it and say the range is very good and stable.

sounds cool. I might give it a try pretty soon.

Are there any known bugs or security issues with that particular firmware model?

It would probably be best to upload it through the firmware recovery mode right?

Last edited:
sounds cool. I might give it a try pretty soon.

Are there any known bugs or security issues with that particular firmware model?

It would probably be best to upload it through the firmware recovery mode right?
Just flash it via the GUI and it will be fine. I done it many times.

...and is clearing the nvram by the wps button method the same as using telnet or through the asus cfe page?
I just re set to factory specs and reconfigure it. All accomplish the same thing and clear the NVRAM.