What's new

ASUS Unveils RT-BE88U WiFi 7 Dual-Band Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

can do 300/200Mbps.

Your question is in Mbps, your picture shows MBps (or MB/s). There is a difference.

The USB 3.2 Gen 1 port can do up to 5 Gbps, the USB 2.0 port can do 480 Mbps.

Currently popular high-end AIO routers can do about 100-120MBps or about 1Gbps. None can do 5Gbps, CPU limited.

How is the usb transfer speed on this thing, my armor g5 (Qualcomm IPQ8074A) can do 300/200MB/s.
Here you go, some actual benchmarks, on a GT-AX6000. CPU usage was never above 3%, so as I've already pointed out, it's about lack of optimisation, not due to lack of CPU power. Write performance is pretty terrible. A quad core Cortex-A53 at 2 GHz should be far more capable than this. Real world speeds are somewhat slower.

1715507524058.png

1715507630128.png

1715507876557.png

Last edited:
Isn't GT-AX6000 bottlenecked by its 2.5G lan port/nic?
My zyxel has a 10G port, but my netgear/nic have 5G ports, or maybe Qualcomm has some secret sauce, it's the only manufacturer I've seen with decent usb performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122_112838.png
    Screenshot_20221122_112838.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Isn't GT-AX6000 bottlenecked by its 2.5G lan port/nic?
My zyxel has a 10G port, but my netgear/nic have 5G ports, or maybe Qualcomm has some secret sauce, it's the only manufacturer I've seen with decent usb performance.
Huh? I don't get anywhere near 2.5 Gbps speeds. This is what you get from an x86 powered NAS using 2.5 Gbps.

CrystalDiskMark_20240423132147.png

Again, it's not a secret sauce, it's poor optimisation on several levels, from USB 3.0 to SMB to anything.
There are a ton of things that needs to be optimised for the specific hardware in Linux to give you the maximum storage performance.
You guessing the reason doesn't help and you clearly haven't been involved in developing hardware and thus don't have an understanding of how complex it is to optimise the performance for something like this. It costs time and money and since most people either don't use it or don't care, no real effort is being put into making it better than it currently is.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you get over 280MBps on 2.5GbE connection with real throughput a bit over 2.3Gbps.

I know 2.5 Gbps = 312.5 MB/s, but routers with multiple multi-gig ports always have better results on the fastest port(10G vs 2.5).

I'm surprised you get over 280MBps on 2.5GbE connection with real throughput a bit over 2.3Gbps.
Well, it's not a one off, feel free to check out the review I wrote about that NAS. That said, CDM is only 1 GB of data, so it might be cached in RAM, thus going faster than expected. The fastest file copy test was almost 253 MB/s.

Who uses a hard drive anymore, ssds all the way.
i use hard drives for some backups some of my drives are over 8 years old running 24/7 , might be slow but they last . Sometimes they are good enough

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!