What's new

ASUS Unveils RT-BE88U WiFi 7 Dual-Band Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi everyone!
I put my hands on this device few days ago and I'm really enjoying the experience.
I still have to understand the GUI and all the "hidden" functions around, anyway, does anyone can suggest me a SFP+ 10Gbit RJ45?
As far as I know they are not all the same and I didn't find any compatibility list around.
Thank you!

Today I did a little thermal check for the SFP+ module.
The ZXOS11NPI XGS-PON SFP+ module ran at 53 degrees Celsius in a fan-cooled switch (It was a passively cooled switch with an external fan blowing into the vent).
The module runs at about 63-64C in this passively cooled router. (Ambient temperature of 26C). Not too bad of an increase.

Bash:
<user-omitted>@RT-BE88U# ethtool --module-info eth9
Identifier : 0x03 (SFP)
Vendor PN : ZXOS11NPI
<omitted other data>
Module voltage : 3.3689 V
Module temperature : 64.25 degrees C / 147.65 degrees F
Module temperature high alarm threshold : 90.00 degrees C / 194.00 degrees F
Module temperature high warning threshold : 85.00 degrees C / 185.00 degrees F

Hi everyone!
I put my hands on this device few days ago and I'm really enjoying the experience.
I still have to understand the GUI and all the "hidden" functions around, anyway, does anyone can suggest me a SFP+ 10Gbit RJ45?
As far as I know they are not all the same and I didn't find any compatibility list around.
Thank you!
I had the chance to test an adapter, TP-Link TL-SM5310-T.
It works perfectly with this router ;-)

Interesting.
I guess idle power consumption at least around 20Watts, heavy duty operation prob. >30W ?

"When the router is not in use, it uses about 10 watts of power and in use ~14 Watts. Of course, under massive load, these values can change."

Anyone have accurate numbers for load? Looks like max is 45W.

Is this RT-BE88U WiFi 7 Router supported using asuswrt-merlin? @RMerlin ?
I am debating if i want to purchase it, or if i should go with any of these.
ASUS RT-BE88U - Wi-Fi 7 - 383,23
ASUS RT-AX88U -Wi-Fi 6 - 347,96€

ASUS RT-AX88U PRO - Wi-Fi 7 - 253,47€
ASUS RT-BE58U - Wi-Fi 7 - 229,19€
Asus TUF AX4200 -Wi-Fi 6 - 204,05€
ASUS RT-AX92U -Wi-Fi 6 - 153,36€

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!