What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24542

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fax

ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24542
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24542
46.67 MB
2024/01/08
Feature:
- Fixed 6GHz WiFi compatibility issues.
- Fixed unstable issue while using VPN fusion.
- Fixed Ethernet AiMesh setup issue while using IPTV.
- Fixed few GUI bugs.
- Allow "2.5G/1G LAN" port to be configured as WAN port.

Security:
- Fixed CVE-2021-36369.
- Updated dropbear patches.
- Fixed five command injection vulnerabilities.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 876d62b382a3a57f9fced753348f1ec053f88d87c1783585f91a582a1e6c80bd

Updated to my ET12 mesh network (router+3nodes). UI seems a lot snappier and 6G/5G range seems improved. Everything good so far with 2hours and counting.

PS. 24 Hours now. Dirty upgraded. Still working without any issues. Happy so far!

Last edited:
For whatever reason, after 4 days, my ET12 mesh nodes mysteriously restarted while I was reconfiguring some Aqara devices just now. Could be a fluke.....

Hmmm... Missed this one

Does this firmware have the VLAN support (currently running latest beta)?

If not, is there a specific reason why everyone with the ET12 seem have waited for this release?

No as this is another 3.0.0.4 release and the vlan support is in the 3.0.0.6 (9.0.0.6 beta) firmware.
Thanks for your answer!

I currently am running the Beta 9.0.0.6 on my ET12 routers, I wasn't aware a 3.0.0.6 branch is also able to support VLANs:

Is the 3.0.0.6 simply the 'stable' of the beta 9.0.0.6?

Thanks for your answer!

I currently am running the Beta 9.0.0.6 on my ET12 routers, I wasn't aware a 3.0.0.6 branch is also able to support VLANs:

Is the 3.0.0.6 simply the 'stable' of the beta 9.0.0.6?
The beta firmware start with 9 instead of 3 and is the 3.0.0.6 code base.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 104445.png

Anyone having problems with the aimesh node with this fw?
Sometimes 2.4Ghz wifi stops working sometimes 5G... Rebooting aimesh node and it works again.
Using wired backhaul.

And also if I reboot the mainrouter this usually also happens. So in most cases I always need to restart aimesh node also.
Few times I have seen that the aimesh node is also gone, I can see it in the network but not as an aimesh node.

When restarting both main router and aimesh node it can work fine for weeks. But suddenly you run into issues again.

I hope we soon get a new one or even the 3.0.0.6 code based fw.

Anyone having problems with the aimesh node with this fw?
Sometimes 2.4Ghz wifi stops working sometimes 5G... Rebooting aimesh node and it works again.
Using wired backhaul.

And also if I reboot the mainrouter this usually also happens. So in most cases I always need to restart aimesh node also.
Few times I have seen that the aimesh node is also gone, I can see it in the network but not as an aimesh node.

When restarting both main router and aimesh node it can work fine for weeks. But suddenly you run into issues again.

I hope we soon get a new one or even the 3.0.0.6 code based fw.
I have no idea why Asus has stopped releasing new firmwares. Or atleast frequently.

I have no issues with backhaul since I'm using the ET12. I'm using Wireless Backhaul over 6 GHz.

Are you sure that your router is configured for wired backhaul? Maybe it's on automatic mode?

I have no idea why Asus has stopped releasing new firmwares. Or atleast frequently.

I have no issues with backhaul since I'm using the ET12. I'm using Wireless Backhaul over 6 GHz.

Are you sure that your router is configured for wired backhaul? Maybe it's on automatic mode?
I use wired... and I'm sure :) 6Ghz is working fine at the moment but 5Ghz is missing again.
So only 2.4Ghz and 6Ghz is ok. Most likely if I reboot it, it will work for a while.

But as mentioned sometimes it's 2.4 that is gone or all freq. Then it acts like a switch/router only 😆
Not sure what has happen, seems like asus fw is getting worse and worse. I really hope they will release next version soon... I have always recommended asus to many friends etc.

Can't say that I will if this is happening...
Been using asus for as long as I can remember, last few years I only have had problems. Tried xt8 did not work at all, rt-ax88u wan went down(now and then), only way was to power off/on to get it back. But, wan on xt12 seems to be working so far fine.

Just annoying these things, when you want a stable product.

I use wired... and I'm sure :) 6Ghz is working fine at the moment but 5Ghz is missing again.
So only 2.4Ghz and 6Ghz is ok. Most likely if I reboot it, it will work for a while.

But as mentioned sometimes it's 2.4 that is gone or all freq. Then it acts like a switch/router only 😆
Not sure what has happen, seems like asus fw is getting worse and worse. I really hope they will release next version soon... I have always recommended asus to many friends etc.

Can't say that I will if this is happening...
Been using asus for as long as I can remember, last few years I only have had problems. Tried xt8 did not work at all, rt-ax88u wan went down(now and then), only way was to power off/on to get it back. But, wan on xt12 seems to be working so far fine.

Just annoying these things, when you want a stable product.
XT8 was amazing in losing connection!! I can't tell you how happy I am that I sold my XT8 and bought the ET12.

I can't help you, sorry. You have an ET12 right? You mention XT12 in your post.

I totally agree with you. You pay a high price for your network and you (we) can expect a decent product which works as advertised. Especially if you're using wired backhaul. There should be no issues with turning off a radio.

XT8 was amazing in losing connection!! I can't tell you how happy I am that I sold my XT8 and bought the ET12.

I can't help you, sorry. You have an ET12 right? You mention XT12 in your post.

I totally agree with you. You pay a high price for your network and you (we) can expect a decent product which works as advertised. Especially if you're using wired backhaul. There should be no issues with turning off a radio.
Yes et12 sorry typo… 🙂 seems all started with latest firmware. I can just hope next fw is better

Has anyone noticed a memory leak in this firmware? Memory usage starts out about 660ish after a reboot and after 2-3 weeks of use the usage climbs into the 900 range before I reboot it to clear it

Has anyone noticed a memory leak in this firmware? Memory usage starts out about 660ish after a reboot and after 2-3 weeks of use the usage climbs into the 900 range before I reboot it to clear it
That's not necessarily a memory leak. Linux uses spare ram as cache and buffers. Unused ram is wasted ram.
Cache and buffers will be cleared if asuswrt needs more ram.
1hr after reboot:
Screenshot_2024-06-23-18-11-10-64_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!