What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.37 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why work on pre-release code from Asus? :confused:
Unless they pay you I would not do that.
Takes way too much of your free time.

Because of the fixes included in that code: USB support on N16/N66/AC66, and it also fixes HW acceleration with PPPoE, which is a must for anyone using 200+ Mbps connections over PPPoE.

Also because of the new wireless driver for MIPS devices which should take care of at least some of the issues experienced on the RT-N66 (and possibly RT-AC66U).

Last edited:
Just a shout out and question to Merlin!
You're doing good, solid work man... much appreciated.
I'll be supporting you via donations time-to-time.
You've earned it!

Have a question though, are you planning a release built upon the newly
official 3.0.0.4.374.573 Asus has posted as of 1/10/14?

Last edited:
Just a shout out and question to Merlin!
You're doing good, solid work man... much appreciated.
I'll be supporting you via donations time-to-time.
You've earned it!

Have a question though, are you planning a release built upon the newly
official 3.0.0.4.374.573 Asus has posted as of 1/10/14?

There's no source code from Asus yet, but in time I might, unless newer source code becomes available by the time I start looking into it.

It certainly won't be for 374.38 however, that release is in code-freeze at the moment, going through testing and debugging.

Asus is going with a weekly release schedule these past few weeks as they are franctically working on resolving various issues. I certainly can't keep up with that kind of release schedule, so some releases might be skipped. It's all about timing.

There's no source code from Asus yet, but in time I might, unless newer source code becomes available by the time I start looking into it.

It certainly won't be for 374.38 however, that release is in code-freeze at the moment, going through testing and debugging.

Asus is going with a weekly release schedule these past few weeks as they are franctically working on resolving various issues. I certainly can't keep up with that kind of release schedule, so some releases might be skipped. It's all about timing.

Thanks for the insight. :)
Makes sense.

RMerlin, could you share what tools do you use to test and debug firmware?
Is JTAG an easy way to start getting additional debug output? Syslog?

RMerlin, could you share what tools do you use to test and debug firmware?
Is JTAG an easy way to start getting additional debug output? Syslog?

JTAG is mostly needed to flash a solidly bricked device. For debugging all you need is a 3.3V TTL serial cable.

There's also gdb that's available for lowlevel code debugging, but that's a tool that I never really learned to use, so I often rely on strategic carpet-bombing of "printf()" calls all over suspicious code.

plz plz emphasize how this matters? lmao? anyone that nerdy you care about what the usb device sais. probably has a few screws loose. also i never demanded anything. i simply said it makes 0 sense to keep us on a beta for firmware that works. and i still stand by that statement.

also why would i ever fund this project at this point if all the work is going to ac68u and i will be essentially paying for others firmware.

and also i just went and checked. and the rt-ac66u properly labels 2 of my usb drives. so i still dont know what your talking about and cant even simulate this problem. my usb led is also working

so the only excuse u had. isnt a problem for me. if its not for me. it should not be for anyone else. for logically that makes 0 sense. i think someone is just lazy to retest a nonexistent problem they are claiming exists. cause I CAN NOT SIMULATE THIS PROBLEM.

keep in mind i was never rude in my initial post. i never demanded anything. i simply wanted to understand the claimed problem and point out i thought it made 0 sense to me to stay on the current beta since it works. it still does make 0 sense to me and it should make sense to everyone why unless you guys can help me simulate the problem.

hint- dont reply to my posts like idiots if you dont want me proving you wrong....

Just a heads this guy is trouble. http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/member.php?u=21889. His posts eventually degrade into negativity, bickering, insults, and trolling.

Took over a few months but he was eventually banned on the dslreports forums > Shaw. He followed that up with trying to spam the forums.

Eg. Troll posts were removed, but evidence is still there by other posters calling him out on it. (He's user 18286719 from Whistler that's been banned if you try to click his profile link).
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28407319-some-routing-issues-

His last forum thread before being banned, then coming back to spam it + other threads with random posts that moderators had to delete.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28755143-lol-shaw-routing

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. I tried unplugging everything from the router including the WAN and the refresh problem remains. The client list never updates after initially populated, and clicking the refresh button clears the list and it remains empty until reboot.

I also tried the Factory Default Restore button under the Administration page to rule out any configuration changes I might have made. Before changing any settings I again tried the refresh and it was still non-functional.

This is what I had to do to figure our out the client that was causing the problem.

- Unplug client "a" then reboot router (this is a must because in my case once the router adds the "bad" client to the list it will never refresh until a reboot)

- wait for the client list to fully populate (ie wait for the spinning dots to disappear)

-then click on refresh if the list refreshes them you have found the one causing it. If not plug client "a" back in , then unplug client "b" and repeat steps until you find the "bad" client.

hope this helps

Printer disapearing in RT-n66u

Dear all,

From time to time, my USB connected printer to router RT-N66u (Merlin's firmware 3.0.0.4.376.48_1) disapears from "Network Map" web interface and cannot print anymore (even with Monopoly mode active). Printer is connected in Windows on LPR port.
The problem is easily resolving by rebooting the entire router.

Does anybody know a much simple solution e.g restarting just the printer somehow from ssh?

Appreciate also feedbacks if is possible to debug this issue and how to proceed in case printer is gone from web interface.

Thanks.