What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3006.102.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 7 devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Working OK on my BE88U.
Using an AX88U Pro as a mesh node which is working fine now I've put it on stock 3.0.0.6.102_33320. Some guest networks were not present on the node with 3.0.0.4 FW

Not had any issue with android handsets connecting to wifi with 3.0.0.6.102_33928 or 3006.102.2 Beta, as mentioned above. Moto Edge 50 pro and Pixel 9 pro XL both connecting to 2.4 and 5GHz without issue.

I've noticed 5GHz wifi performance is a bit lacking on ax clients compared to my AX88U Pro. Will give it time to settle in before drawing any conclusions, it's only been up for 48 hours.
The web GUI is also a little lethargic.

My major issue, which is not related to 3006.102.2 Beta as also an issue with 3.0.0.6.102_33928, is getting my BT TV (UK) IPTV multicast working. Created a separate thread on that.

Many thanks Merlin. Very much appreciate your work!

Just noticed 802.3ad bonding on LAN1 and 2 is a bit flakey. I use it to connect my HP microserver gen8 running UnRaid, fixed IP.
No idea if it's an issue with 3.0.0.6.102_33928 also but will test when I next switch back.
The bond is fine until I reboot the router. Once back up the GUI shows both LAN and the client (with correct IP) active but I can't access or ping the server so no idea what's happening server side.

Either rebooting the server or toggling Bonding/ Link aggregation disable/enable (which perversely reboots the router) gets it back.
Minor annoyance and plan to fit a 2.5G card in the server now I have spare capacity on the router

Does this means that all routers, who do not support 3006, like my AX68U are now out of support?

The new Beta has been working well for a couple of days on my RT-BE96U. No problems, just cooking along.

I still can't turn off the IoT network though, since the main network doesn't have internet when I do that. From the changes listed in the Beta announcement posting I had hoped that since I use DoT DNS that this might be fixed, but still no internet when IoT network is turned off. Have solved that problem by leaving it on, as before *smile*.

Does this means that all routers, who do not support 3006, like my AX68U are now out of support?

The AX68U is listed as End of Life by Asus so no more support from them. How long Merlin will continue to support the AX68U only he knows.

The new Beta has been working well for a couple of days on my RT-BE96U. No problems, just cooking along.

I still can't turn off the IoT network though, since the main network doesn't have internet when I do that. From the changes listed in the Beta announcement posting I had hoped that since I use DoT DNS that this might be fixed, but still no internet when IoT network is turned off. Have solved that problem by leaving it on, as before *smile*.
Unable to reproduce here since I fixed the stubby getting killed issue. Please post your system log following disabling the IoT Guest Network.

Unable to reproduce here since I fixed the stubby getting killed issue. Please post your system log following disabling the IoT Guest Network.

Here you go..first thing I did was to re-enable detailed logging after clearing the log. Then I disabled the IoT network, and tried to access the internet on my browser. When that finally timed out, I saved the log.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 14