What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.42_2 Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Webfanatic

Occasional Visitor
I am having problems with latency (lag) with my PS4 since installing this firmware update. No problems before with the .40_alpha4 build. Gaming is lagging whereas wasn't before. Friends from my same area are not experiencing lag so its not a connection ISP issue.

Maybe just a coincidence? All my settings are the same. Any settings i should put to make gaming more optimal? Or should i downgrade back to the old firmware.

Also, why is it PPPoE username and password not saved? Everytime i go back in to check it, it says "useradmin" and the username and some seemingly random generated password. Is this a security feature?

Thanks in advance.

I am having problems with latency (lag) with my PS4 since installing this firmware update. No problems before with the .40_alpha4 build. Gaming is lagging whereas wasn't before. Friends from my same area are not experiencing lag so its not a connection ISP issue.

Hard to help you without knowing which router model you are talking about.

Also, why is it PPPoE username and password not saved? Everytime i go back in to check it, it says "useradmin" and the username and some seemingly random generated password. Is this a security feature?

This is your browser autofill playing tricks on you.

Hard to help you without knowing which router model you are talking about.

This is your browser autofill playing tricks on you.

Sorry the model is RT-AC68U. I restored the settings to default and seems everything is back to normal. I will keep an eye on it.

Yes, you were right it was my browsers autofill. :D

Thanks.