What's new

AdGuardHome Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI) cont.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I was responding to your previous post above since you are aware that Entware doesn't natively come with these packages installed. Obviously there would have to be some method the installer uses whereby the packages get installed; the packages were not "divined" from unnatural means. What an astute observation, the process is "silenced". My question was merely to find out if Entware was providing an output error when you tried to install those packages manually because it would have had to "error" out at some point if the installer was stalling when you were setting the new password.
One of the means it would error out is if you somehow got past the check for entware, but had no entware...
Another means is if your entware wasn't up-to-date. I have seen issues where the packages would not install due to dependency issues if entware was not already up-to-date (e.g. opkg update && opkg upgrade).
Finally, if your entware wasn't properly mounted or was on a corrupt disk- I have seen errors in this instance as well; in such instances, typically entware will have problems with installing packages.
If it helps,
My question was merely to find out if Entware was providing an output error when you tried to install those packages manually
There was no error when doing a manual install of the packages

I was also able complete the setting of password process without running the pip3 install bcrypt command i.e. run opkg install python3 python3-pip python3-bcrypt, followed by running AGH installer

If it helps,

There was no error when doing a manual install of the packages

I was also able complete the setting of password process without running the pip3 install bcrypt command i.e. run opkg install python3 python3-pip python3-bcrypt, followed by running AGH installer
That is because the installer did the pip3 install bcrypt quietly in the background when you reran it for the second time. You were unaware of the install taking place. It looks like what was giving you the issue was the opkg install commands when you ran the installer the first time. It could be quite possible Entware was unable to reach the remote repo that houses all of the packages when you first attempted to install using the AGH installer. I am just glad you now got it to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.