What's new

BE98 Pro vs ASUS WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC5300) - Tri-Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was hoping you’d touch upon WPA 2 / WPA 3, with regards to why “you get the maximum from AC”? WPA 2 is less complex, less overhead?

I decided to replace the battery in an old iPad Air 2. When I switch from WPA2/WPA3 Personal to WPA 3 it can’t connect to WiFi. Should have probably just replaced it instead….

I was hoping you’d touch upon WPA 2 / WPA 3, with regards to why “you get the maximum from AC”? WPA 2 is less complex, less overhead?

I personally use WPA2 only. Many of my clients don't support WPA3. Maximum of AC in my reply meaning - I use faster than home routers firewall plus high-end access points. After replacing my access points with AX-class my AC clients work exactly the same way like they worked with previous AC-class access points. The clients use the maximum of what AC has to offer in both cases. There was no performance to older clients improvement people with home AIO routers often see after upgrading the router.

The range I get for my backhaul is about the same as the 5ghz. It's actually better performance for me on the 6 vs 5. I've tried both. I just can't do 5ghz backhaul because I live like 5 min from an airport and it was intermittently wreaking havoc for me.

I would prefer to have ethernet, and I tried to get it installed when I first moved to this town and my current house. Small town and only guy who does it couldn't do it because of the firewalls in my house apparently. I would've paid him whatever he wanted. He just couldn't do it. Electrician said same thing about adding outlets. He had no access cause of the way they built my house. One day maybe I'll look into seeing how much an out of town company would charge to come in and do it, if they can. I'm just several hours from any companies that might be able to do so. So I went with the option available to me. The nodes are the only wifi 7 clients I care about, and all my important stuff is hardwired to the nodes. There is a significant performance difference from what I previously ran so clearly the newer hardware is doing something right. It was worth it to me, and I saw a post somewhere saying there's nothing in the spec that these shouldn't be able to do. It sounds like you found better value in setting yours up the way you did. I wish I could, just can't. I also don't think the average consumer is going to be doing all that either.
I realize this is an older post but I was curious how far away your nodes are from one another. I’d like to use the 6ghz band for my wireless mesh back haul but it seems to only like the 5ghz band in my house.

I got these to replace my GT AX11000 which started to fail and I don’t know why. I was getting constant drops and working from home, that wasn’t going to fly. So I went with the BE98 pro since it’s supposed to be the latest and greatest.

The main one is in my basement (where the fiber line comes in) and I could put another pretty much directly above me, one floor up, then another on the other side of the house and I think that would cover everything.

Hopefully you can arrange them a little closer to each other. 6 GHz has slightly poorer range than 5 GHz. That's the only reason I would suspect they would choose 5 GHz over 6 GHz:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!