What's new

Best Firmware for Netgear R7000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

theomni

New Around Here
Hello. I just got my R7000 up and running. Everything is stock right now. Which firmware will allow the best performance of this router?

Hi,
IMO, Kong's dd-wrt, r23550 dated Feb. 7 reached near maturity. I am on it now.
Suggest you to have a look. It is very stable and will meet most requirement if not all.
Peruse dd-wrt forum regarding R7000 threads. Flashing between stock and dd-wrt is really easy.

Another vote for the latest dd-wrt firmware. It is stable, great wireless, and the web interface is very fast and complete compared to the lame Netgear firmware web interface.

For instructions on flashing dd-wrt, look at the README file in Kong's firmware repository. It is simple, but a few instructions never hurt *smile*.

Netgear is rumored to have new firmware coming out at the end of February, we'll see about how that looks if and when it arrives. I have to admit, I'm not impressed with the Netgear firmware so far or with the web interface that they provide. While I've been spoiled by RMerlin's web interface, none the less, the Netgear admin web interface is about the lamest that I remember.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!