What's new

Best method for reloading settings after wipe?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It truly is quicker and easier... and safer... to just take a bunch of screenshots, and replicate those settings on your new router. This way you don't compromise importing potentially unstable settings that will destabilize your router down the road. Start fresh. Just sayin'. This is the way. Don't give in to the temptation... ;)

thisis.jpg

What I know is older RT-AC86U sometimes self-upgrade to DE-AD86U. Then random boots stop. :)
Eh, if that happens then I'll make my mesh node (AC68) my primary until I can replace it. I only have the mesh node so I have good coverage in my garage anyways. Not a big deal. Not going to replace something that's not broken when I have a plan B in place. And even if I didn't have the AC68, Amazon can have a new router on my doorstep the next day. :cool:

Not going to replace something that's not broken when I have a plan B in place.

I don't know if stuck commands software issue affects any of the scripts you use though.

I don't know if stuck commands software issue affects any of the scripts you use though.

Huh, I've never seen that.

My issues started when I accidentally installed screen despite running tmux at the time, and subsequently uninstalling screen. The reboot thing seems to have stopped so maybe there was something funky with removing screen that finally got resolved. Right now my bandwidth is in really short supply so as long as it stays stable I leave as-is and do a wipe / re-enter configuration with the next RMerlin release, or mid-July if 386.11 isn't out by then.

Available now:

Wow, I was expecting a beta test period, guess the alpha went really well. Good on RMerlin!

What I know is older RT-AC86U sometimes self-upgrade to DE-AD86U. Then random boots stop. :)
my AC5300 did the DE-AD5300 upgrade , was very upset 2ndnAsus router that died on me on 15 years . Just after updating to merlin 288.9 all the lights went off tried new PSU nothing . Worked for 9 years 24/7

my AC5300 did the DE-AD5300 upgrade , was very upset 2ndnAsus router that died on me on 15 years . Just after updating to merlin 288.9 all the lights went off tried new PSU nothing . Worked for 9 years 24/7

Did you attempt recovery mode? The fact that it happened after updating firmware could mean it was just a bad firmware upgrade.

Did you attempt recovery mode? The fact that it happened after updating firmware could mean it was just a bad firmware upgrade.
sorry dead as in no lights at all , would not power on . Tried a few power supplies , it was dead as in nothing working at all .