What's new

Beta Version 3.0.0.4.374.4887

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hope beta firmware fixed reboot issue!!!

Gửi từ SM-N900 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Succeded to upgrade my Huawei E3276S-150
to firmware 21.436.03.00.00
without bricking :) thanks to @pepeEL for hinting about fw update
((but flashdrive with operator soft disappeard , but no problem with that))

But still status "disconnected" in webgui
with RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374_4887-gcbbd32a
Modem flashing blue == registred with phone operator
Can't find anything related to this "disconnected" issue in logs atm.

Modem still working OK in
Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.40_beta3 and Windows enviroment

functional for @pepeEL@ but not for me,
so I'm suspecting timing issue.....different configs of routers

So back to 374.40 and going digging deeper in comparing logs between these 2 different ac68u fw.

I have uploaded the firmware from another operator than the operator from whom I bought the modem. I have a E3276s-150

I must admit I know little about what is "special" about Sonos devices that makes them have issues over the years with compatibility. But the Asus routers have always been fine with them for me, until the very same firmware came out that caused all the reboots. Something was introduced at the same time that has caused this, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to determine what.

Asus obviously knew something was up and they had a go at fixing it. I am going to experiment changing around which Sonos device is the one that has the wired connection (the rest are all wireless) and see if I can affect it in some way.

Sonos does its own attempt at mesh routing but over its own wireless and some appleseque multicast/airplay/bonjour type behavior if I understand correctly..

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

See, this proves that Asus had to wait for a patch from the people who make the chipset its based on. It's not like they were just sitting there and twiddling their thumbs for no good reason. Don't blame Asus, blame Broadcom.

See, this proves that Asus had to wait for a patch from the people who make the chipset its based on. It's not like they were just sitting there and twiddling their thumbs for no good reason. Don't blame Asus, blame Broadcom.

But I bought asus brand router..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

So, when will a Merlin build based on this come out? Looking forward to that :D

Seriously? Give the guy a break. It comes out when it does... Merlin do this for fun. And it's not fun when people puts pressure on him....
If you think it's taking to long, well do it yourself and share with others for free.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

With a Broadcom brand chip in it...

You can buy a Ford with a Toyota engine in it....

Sure I can.. but when the car OF ford does not work as paid for, as a buyer from ford I look at ford for what quality checks it did before selling.. ford cant say ow ya thats not our problem as thats toyota engine..

Sure I can.. but when the car OF ford does not work as paid for, as a buyer from ford I look at ford for what quality checks it did before selling.. ford cant say ow ya thats not our problem as thats toyota engine..

But they still have to contact and work who ever makes the defective part to fix a flaw that Ford can not address, because it is not their part. Issue is beyond their control. This takes time. Not the best example...i'll admit. Cars are not like routers...:eek:

Anyway, for this situation, temporary simple fix was fast and easy, revert firmware...yet people still found that something to get mad about and flame Asus for it. Asus could not reproduce the issue right away...and even the pros here were scratching their heads for some time trying to nail it down. (But the more people complain about an issue, usually, the higher priority an issue becomes.)

Sometimes, firmware passes it pre-release lab tests and only once it is published and used in the wild among different environments does bugs like this pop up. Just be grateful that Asus is active with their firmware updates....most other brands are not. I have a closet full of other brand routers with major firmware flaws that never were fixed, some only 1yr old.

Yes, a lot of new buyers that just bought the 68U, updated the firmware, then got the issues, and returned it. Sure it was an inconvenience to them, but, on the plus side, That just makes even more good deals out there for used or open box items...:cool: I love those kind of deals!:D

Welcome to the world of technology.....just saying...;).

Last edited:
Look at Linksys i bought a bran new EA4500 and they have only released one firmware for that router and that was to force the cloud interface that nobody really wanted. After that zero nothing they just stopped supporting it. Not a good move and i will never buy another Linksys router again.

My only bitch is Asus could have had a official post or something that they were working on a fix and please be patient but they did not. I doubt i will ever buy another router other then Asus at least as long as Merlin is doing what he does.

My only bitch is Asus could have had a official post or something that they were working on a fix and please be patient but they did not. I doubt i will ever buy another router other then Asus at least as long as Merlin is doing what he does.

RMerlin (and others) posted quite a few times in multiple threads here staing that information.

As far as on the Asus website directly, doubtful they would post a public notice of it....bad PR....though I do agree a little note on the firmware page of that model would have be helpful. Though, average users update through the router UI, not through the website.

RMerlin (and others) posted quite a few times in multiple threads here staing that information.

As far as on the Asus website directly, doubtful they would post a public notice of it....bad PR....though I do agree a little note on the firmware page of that model would have be helpful. Though, average users update through the router UI, not through the website.

I do understand that Merlin has posted that they were working on it but Merlin dont work for Asus and a official word directly from them would have been nice.

I just now flashed the new Asus firmware and will give it a go. I am use to Merlin firmwares so i do see a few features missing but thats ok. Also its very nice to see Asus now has a firewall for V6.. and the flashing 5 Ghz light is now stable.

Last edited:
I know the reboots were caused due to faulty SDK from Broadcom and the problem was beyond ASUS's control.
But I have purchased a ₹17,000 ($283) router from ASUS and expected them to be upfront about it and not leave me in the dark regarding a fix. Even the change log for 4887 firmware does not state that they have implemented a fix.

After the antenna gate reply of Steve Jobs and the way Apple denied problem, other companies like ASUS are following a similar approach where problem is never acknowledged.

Still I am thankful to ASUS that 4887 firmware is holding up very well for almost 3 days. I am willing to cut them some slack. :)

I'm curious as to people's experiences with this build and the reworked media server or Dual Wan changes. How are these changes working out for folks?

Seriously? Give the guy a break. It comes out when it does... Merlin do this for fun. And it's not fun when people puts pressure on him....
If you think it's taking to long, well do it yourself and share with others for free.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Well, that was a bit of an overreaction. I never meant to put any pressure or imply anything. Really. I'm running the latest build of his and immensely happy with it. I'm just glad Asus was finally able to release what appears to be a rock solid build. ;)

Interested in my logs ??

Your latest, functional with functional Dual Wan failover.
This Beta, modem status "disconnected" in UI

However it seams "allow failback" work for another user in this thread with same modell of LTE modem as me.
(in 3G+ mode)

I have not the skills to sort it out, if there are any diffs in logs.

I'm curious as to people's experiences with this build and the reworked media server or Dual Wan changes. How are these changes working out for folks?

Last edited:
Interested in my logs ??

Your latest, functional with functional Dual Wan failover.
This Beta, modem status "disconnected" in UI

However it seams "allow failback" work for another user in this thread with same modell of LTE modem as me.
(in 3G+ mode)

I have not the skills to sort it out, if there are any diffs in logs.

I suspect your issue might be specific to 3G/4G modems rather than to the new failover recovery fix they implemented. I'm mostly curious to see if recovery does properly switch back to the primary interface now.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!