What's new

blocking for specific device only?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

I know i can block Netflix for tv and device that us apps, or even threw web browser simply by blocking the url to it which stop log in process on most everything., I can even do there OPENDNS which which will out right block on everything on my network, the same as if i did threw GUI fliters, But I want to just block it on specific devices only either via mac or ip? is this possible?

was afraid in would involve something like, which not something i know how to do or understand. last time i tried looking to this i gave up , shall see what happens this time

was afraid in would involve something like, which not something i know how to do or understand. last time i tried looking to this i gave up , shall see what happens this time
Alternate is your can install Skynet and block them by ip or domain name.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...mic-malware-country-manual-ip-blocking.16798/

It should be easier for you. At the same time, Skynet provide you with enhanced firewall protection against common known threats like hacker/malware.

I will looking into skynet that look like might be easier for me to block my dish hopper3 from have access to netflix then the other way, my poor ac66u is already bottleneck in network, not if this will worsen it though.

I know i can block Netflix for tv and device that us apps, or even threw web browser simply by blocking the url to it which stop log in process on most everything., I can even do there OPENDNS which which will out right block on everything on my network, the same as if i did threw GUI fliters, But I want to just block it on specific devices only either via mac or ip? is this possible?
Could you do it through AIProtection > DNS Filtering and force the clients you want to restrict access to use OpenDNS?

you are right i remeber doing something like this before, just for 1 client I dont remeber why I stoped doing it this way though

Could you do it through AIProtection > DNS Filtering and force the clients you want to restrict access to use OpenDNS?
You are right, I was using Comododns to block netflix on one specific device. And setting DNS filter to non for global and picking Comododns for the specific client, block netflix fine.

But i stoped using cause I would have to manually log in to my comododns account to update my dns to keep it working, And I already used DNS-O-Matic to update my Opendns account with my ip and i didnt see way of update comododns. at same time cause it didnt have service for it.

13153b63-f2ef-47ed-9a3a-0375004a7544.png

Though I think might found way to get DNS-O-MATIC to update comododns account,
If i was reading the dynamic DNS support right all the way at the bottom is said

Existing Dyname DNS (DDNS) Monitoring

For users who already have an existing Dynamic DNS (DDNS) hostname we offer monitoring of your existing DDNS hostname. The benefits of this service allow your SecureDNS policy to remain associated with your IP address without loosing your existing Dynamic DNS (DDNS) hostname.

To manage this setting perform the following steps:

1. Login to https://securedns.dnsbycomodo.com/app/dashboard/
  2. Select your network from the list.
  3. Click on beside the "Existing Dynamic DNS (DDNS) hostname to monitor:"
  4. Enter your existing Dynamic DNS (DDNS) hostname into the prompt and click "OK"
  5. You will see a success message confirming your changes.
Please allow 15 - 30 minutes for sychronization to begin.

If i reading this right update this DDNS host to "all.dnsomatic.com" should auto update my account with my ip I hope? i think? not sure gona find out
securedns.dnsbycomodo.com

Last edited: