What's new

BQ16 Pro Quad Band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah... I... Disagree...
Ever seen one in person? I still got a pair in a drawer. They looked nice when I played with them back then.

Can't say I see the resemblance between a Lyra, (that's a Lyra right?), and BQ16 (Pro). If my ex Lyra Voice wasn't defective I would still have it today...

Unusually rapid firmware updates for the BQ16 Pro ...

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35425
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35425 62.81 MB
2024/06/14
- Improved AiMesh stability for a more reliable connection.
- Resolved WiFi client interconnectivity issue.
- Fixed a GUI issue for AiMesh node uplink status.

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35421
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35421 62.84 MB
2024/05/31
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Resolved Smart Home Master issues to improve stability.
- Resolved AiMesh-related issues to provide stable backhaul connection.
- Resolved GUI issues to ensure that the user interface is even more user-friendly.

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35404
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35404 62.82 MB
2024/05/24
Initial firmware release

Unusually rapid firmware updates for the BQ16 Pro ...

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35425
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35425 62.81 MB
2024/06/14
- Improved AiMesh stability for a more reliable connection.
- Resolved WiFi client interconnectivity issue.
- Fixed a GUI issue for AiMesh node uplink status.

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35421
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35421 62.84 MB
2024/05/31
- Resolved Smart Home Master issues to improve stability.
- Resolved AiMesh-related issues to provide stable backhaul connection.
- Resolved GUI issues to ensure that the user interface is even more user-friendly.

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35404
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35404 62.82 MB
2024/05/24
Initial firmware release
Yeah, installed this, and it did help some. I switched back to my GT-BE98 Pro and Rt-be96U combo for now to confirm I’m seeing better performance there.

Yeah, installed this, and it did help some. I switched back to my GT-BE98 Pro and Rt-be96U combo for now to confirm I’m seeing better performance there.

Thank you for sharing the comparison. I have a GT-BE98 Pro but no RT-BE96U. I am still hoping to find a way to get one from a 3 pack as it is a good amount cheaper per unit. (I may need to just pay the $699.99, if they ever release the 1 pack). The 2 pack was released in the ASUS store for a very limited morning one day...

I am particularly interested in comparing running the GT-BE98 Pro as primary AiMesh and BQ16 Pro as node, vs BQ16 Pro as primary AiMesh and GT-BE98 Pro as node.

Yeah, I’m thinking about trying that combo myself before I return them. I can advise further, but I definitely get better performance with the gt-be98 pro and rt-be96u for now.

Yeah, I’m thinking about trying that combo myself before I return them. I can advise further, but I definitely get better performance with the gt-be98 pro and rt-be96u for now.
I was reading through the reviews on Best buy.com and I believe I came across yours. Thanks for the detailed analysis. I think it solidifies my thought that I'll stick to getting just one BQ16 Pro as it would fit nicely where I'm hoping to install it. I am concerned Velcroing the bottom may be a challenge due to venting I see in images. My local Best Buy with these in stock has a sample, but it is glued/bolted down so I am basing that off images from Dong Knows Tech review. (I actually have a cousin with the same name so I feel obliged to use the full name)...

A while back Amazon has the 1-pack listed available for ordering but not in stock. I missed jumping on the opportunity and kind of feel bad about it. I have my AXE16000 set up as a wired node and up until the latest BE98 Pro ASUSwrt BIOS the 6 GHz was lost to _dwb which is dedicated backhaul as you probably already know...

We have one 6E MacBook but my son is out of state doing some research for the summer, so I have my OnePlus Open WiFi 7 phone and that is it. It is not performing very well, in comparison to my previous iPhone X.

I imagine they will get better a firmware updates come out, but they just aren’t even performing close enough for me to justify the added cost. I wouldn’t mind trying a single unit someday myself down the line, but I’ve pretty much decided I’m not going to keep them. I’ve been running them, again, the last two days, and it’s the same thing.

I ended up returning them today. Maybe I will pickup a single one sometime, but right now I think they’re just not where I’d like them to be.

Aye. I'm sorry they did not work out for you. They've had two updates to firmware now, which I feel they should be updating other models as well.

Pretty much stuck waiting for 1-pack to be released, or splitting...

New firmware available as of Friday 21st of June. It only available on device, not for download yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.jpeg
    IMG_0828.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 35
New firmware available as of Friday 21st of June. It only available on device, not for download yet.
Interesting IF ASUS uses 192.168.1 for ZenWiFi vs 192.168.50 for it's other router products, or did you change it to that?

Thanks for sharing this update! (Still looking to buy one unit unfortunately. Wife would kill me if I bought 3 for sure, and my chances of survival may be iffy even for one)...

Oh I did have a question which may be worth sharing: I noticed that this model may have a 3 year warranty? (Trying to research on ASUS.com I eventually came across that warranty could be 2-3 years AND might depend on store of purchase)? 3 years would be 50% more than the typical 2. Shrugs....

Interesting IF ASUS uses 192.168.1 for ZenWiFi vs 192.168.50 for it's other router products, or did you change it to that?

Thanks for sharing this update! (Still looking to buy one unit unfortunately. Wife would kill me if I bought 3 for sure, and my chances of survival may be iffy even for one)...

I changed it, default is 192.168.50.

Oh I did have a question which may be worth sharing: I noticed that this model may have a 3 year warranty? (Trying to research on ASUS.com I eventually came across that warranty could be 2-3 years AND might depend on store of purchase)? 3 years would be 50% more than the typical 2. Shrugs....
I have no idea, sorry.

ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35432
Version 3.0.0.6.102_35432 62.82 MB
2024/06/21
* Due to the firmware transmission, we strongly recommend enabling the MLO (Multi-Link Operation) feature manually to ensure the best WiFi performance and a stable connection.
You can check the MLO settings in the following steps:
• Web GUI: Advanced Settings-Wireless -> MLO -> turn on MLO
• ASUS Router App: Settings -> WiFi -> Wireless Settings-> Advanced settings -> turn on MLO

- Improved AiMesh backhaul performance.
- Improved system stability and fixed Smart Home Master GUI issues.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!