What's new

BQ16 Pro Quad Band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I misconfigured my routers, so I decided to start from scratch, wipe them out, and flash the latest firmware via firmware restoration. Unfortunately, I flashed the latest normal BQ16 instead of BQ16Pro firmware. I was able to restore the router's firmware to BQ16Pro, and they boot up as expected to the asus welcome page. At first they appeared to function normally, but I soon realized I cannot get any nodes to hold a connection anymore (blue blinking to yellow steady back to blue blinking continuously). I've tried soft and hard resets and clearing the NVRAM to no help. Pretty big L today...
bq16pro.jpg

I misconfigured my routers, so I decided to start from scratch, wipe them out, and flash the latest firmware via firmware restoration. Unfortunately, I flashed the latest normal BQ16 instead of BQ16Pro firmware. I was able to restore the router's firmware to BQ16Pro, and they boot up as expected to the asus welcome page. At first they appeared to function normally, but I soon realized I cannot get any nodes to hold a connection anymore (blue blinking to yellow steady back to blue blinking continuously). I've tried soft and hard resets and clearing the NVRAM to no help. Pretty big L today...
Sometimes I suspect the firmware is incomplete, or accidentally doesn't update certain parts when it's supposed to...

If my routers were doing what you describe I would start with the oldest firmware (that you received them with), then incrementally upgrade them to the latest.

Best of luck!

I had a ton of issues until the latest firmware (released 8/15). Still not 100% but wayyyy more stable. For some reason it didnt even show it as an update on the router config and I had to do both manually.

My WiFi 7 OnePlus Open gets higher speed (pretty much the full 9xx Mbps) from new to me RT-AX5400 but less from WiFi 7 routers, BE98 Pro/Deco BE95. Still can't buy a single BQ16 Pro sadly otherwise I'd order one...

Just ordered two singles ($527.35*2 = $1054.70 subtotal ) as it is cheaper than the two pack ($1,299.99 subtotal). Don't need it in a rush, figure I can lock in the discounted price though.
View attachment 61493
It's cheaper than Best Buy's 3-pack (unless my math is wrong), but I really only want to live with one...

Just received it this afternoon, trying to figure out where to place it...

It's cheaper than Best Buy's 3-pack (unless my math is wrong), but I really only want to live with one...

Just received it this afternoon, trying to figure out where to place it...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-z...h-router-3-pack-white/6578392.p?skuId=6578392
$1699.99/3= $566 each subtotal
Single $527 subtotal is better. I don't need it immediately so not in a rush. Only need two BQ16s. Not sure if I want to switch to Ubiquiti Wi-Fi 7. Have been reading firmware/connectivity issues with this BQ16 Pro

Thank you!

Adding the BQ16 Pro as an additional (wired 10 Gig) node in the same room as my WiFi 7 phone resulted in satisfactory speed. Before that speed was poor. (I paid full price to get the single)...

Go figure.

Thank you!

Adding the BQ16 Pro as an additional (wired 10 Gig) node in the same room as my WiFi 7 phone resulted in satisfactory speed. Before that speed was poor. (I paid full price to get the single)...

Go figure.
You bought the single from Best Buy? I thought it was backordered on Amazon for a month (they don't charge until it ships). For $550 instead of $527 it's better than $599 each for sure.

Last edited:
You bought the single from Best Buy? I thought it was backordered on Amazon for a month (they don't charge until it ships). For $550 instead of $527 it's better than $599 each for sure.
I got on the notification lists of both ASUS USA and B&H Photo Video (New York). At 5:xx am ASUS sent me notification they got the 1-pack back in stock. At around 7 am I saw the email and rushed to order one. Retail/Full price is actually $699.99, but it shipped the same day. That same evening after it shipped out I got @aublumberg notification from SNBForums, but I had already ordered it.

Was it worth it? See attached Speed tests from my AT&T app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-17-06-18-41-81_a207e8d272d933228f9aab16f22747f0.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-17-06-18-41-81_a207e8d272d933228f9aab16f22747f0.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!