What's new

BR-6478AC QOS Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Compstuff

Occasional Visitor
Read the recent review and have to say that for such a low cost device it performed rather well... in fact I have the page open in Amazon now and I am ready to pull the trigger :)

Just wondering if you had a chance to actually test any of the QOS functionality. For me the ability to prioritize certain traffic and provide guaranteed bandwidth to either certain MAC's or IP's is one of my most sought after functions but in real life most routers seem to be extremely limited in that area.

For me the ability to prioritize certain traffic and provide guaranteed bandwidth to either certain MAC's or IP's is one of my most sought after functions but in real life most routers seem to be extremely limited in that area.
If you want to pay a small premium for MAC based, port based, or protocol based traffic shaping, Cradlepoint is one to look at. Else you have to spend a lot of $$$ on an enterprise grade heavy-iron no-WiFi router.

Thanks for that advice Steve... I actually have used a cradlepoint at one of my clients but I will check it now for myself... I must admit though I had become discouraged so I was considering putting together a pfsense or untangle box

If you want to pay a small premium for MAC based, port based, or protocol based traffic shaping, Cradlepoint is one to look at. Else you have to spend a lot of $$$ on an enterprise grade heavy-iron no-WiFi router.

Thanks for the response and the review... I just pulled the trigger and bought one :) I really needed to buy a new one anyway because I have had 2 of my routers die on me recently and the one I am using at home now I hate... I'm will see how it turns out... by the way I am in the business and this is my "go to" site when I want to research products... thanks
We didn't try out QoS, sorry.