What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3006.102.1 is now available for Wifi 7 devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I found the
Asus corrected the typo they did in the function name, but I didn't know it, so any of the pages that I wrote still has the old function. getVenderIconClassName() should be changed for getVendorIconClassName().
I found the file, but I am not able to update the JS since it is read only file, @RMerlin what is your recommended way to update this function name
1720567441926.png

I found the file, but I am not able to update the JS since it is read only file, @RMerlin what is your recommended way to update
Binding mount of a modified file, or just wait for the next release that will resolve the issue.

I found the

I found the file, but I am not able to update the JS since it is read only file, @RMerlin what is your recommended way to update this function name
View attachment 60074
1. Download the DNSDirector.asp file.
2. Modify the file as desired.
3. Copy the modified DNSDirector.asp file to your /jffs/scripts directory. Call it DNSDirector_NEW.asp
4. Set the file permissions to rwxrwxrwx (0777)
5. Run these commands from SSH (including the brackets):

Code:
{
    mount | grep -q "/www/DNSDirector.asp" && \
    umount /www/DNSDirector.asp 2>/dev/null
    [ -x /jffs/scripts/DNSDirector_NEW.asp ] && \
    mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/DNSDirector_NEW.asp /www/DNSDirector.asp
    mount | grep -q "/www/DNSDirector.asp" && echo "MOUNTED OK" || echo "NOT MOUNTED"
}

1720589518439.png

6. Re-test?

Last edited:
I would try to flash back the stock firmware.

then change my PC IP Address to
Gateway: 192.168.50.1

then ping 192.168.50.1 -t

after you successfully flash back the ASUS original firmware then let it on for 5 mins
then start to press and hold reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds then release.

see whether you can get the reply from 192.168.50.1 or not.

If you can then try to access from www.asusrouter.com
I tried what you suggested however the router doesn't respond to the ping request. The destination host is unreachable. I did ping -t 192.168.50.1

I haven't had any issues since day one, but I miss the ROG Theme lol. MLO is still buggy. I have an S24 Ultra, Pixel 8 Pro, and OnePlus 12. The link speed is great sometimes. Actually, I have one issue: the Fire TV Stick 4k Max 2nd Gen can't connect to the MLO SSID, which is a device that supports Wi-Fi 6E. However, the Guess Network Pro, which uses only 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for IoT devices, can connect. On the other hand, the Fire TV Cube 3rd Gen connected without any issues. I'm trying to utilize the router's workload, and the performance has been very impressive.

1720651112563.jpg

1720651902161.jpg

1. Download the DNSDirector.asp file.
2. Modify the file as desired.
3. Copy the modified DNSDirector.asp file to your /jffs/scripts directory. Call it DNSDirector_NEW.asp
4. Set the file permissions to rwxrwxrwx (0777)
5. Run these commands from SSH (including the brackets):

Code:
{
    mount | grep -q "/www/DNSDirector.asp" && \
    umount /www/DNSDirector.asp 2>/dev/null
    [ -x /jffs/scripts/DNSDirector_NEW.asp ] && \
    mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/DNSDirector_NEW.asp /www/DNSDirector.asp
    mount | grep -q "/www/DNSDirector.asp" && echo "MOUNTED OK" || echo "NOT MOUNTED"
}

View attachment 60076

6. Re-test?
Thank you so much
really appreciated
working now :)

I tried what you suggested however the router doesn't respond to the ping request. The destination host is unreachable. I did ping -t 192.168.50.1

Can you still receive the DHCP from the router?

What is the IP that the router assign to your PC?

Can you still receive the DHCP from the router?

What is the IP that the router assign to your PC?
For my PC I assigned 192.168.50.2 with 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.50.1
I'll double-check DHCP. I can't remember whether I can receive DHCP from the router.

For my PC I assigned 192.168.50.2 with 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.50.1
I'll double-check DHCP. I can't remember whether I can receive DHCP from the router.

Sounds like the router is toast.
Did you try what someone here suggested and use the tftpd software instead of the Asus recovery tool?

to install tftp in windows you may have to add it under add programs/add windows features i dont remember exactly

It's been known to act slightly different to the Asus recovery tool to PUT the firmware on the router once in recovery mode. (Although not as user friendly)

Not high hopes so don't get overexcited, but worth a shot. It has personally saved me in the past when ASUS recovery has failed me multiple times in a row with my AXE11000, but in my case the router was still attempting to boot lol.

If still doesn't work, the router is likely an expensive paperweight but still in the warranty period. No one likes to send RMAs to ASUS but that would be your last hope.

Last edited:
Sounds like the router is toast.
Did you try what someone here suggested and use the tftpd software instead of the Asus recovery tool?

It's been known to act slightly different to the Asus recovery tool to PUT the firmware on the router once in recovery mode. (Although not as user friendly)

Not high hopes so don't get overexcited, but worth a shot. It has personally saved me in the past when ASUS recovery has failed me multiple times in a row with my AXE11000, but in my case the router was still attempting to boot lol.

If still doesn't work, the router is likely an expensive paperweight but still in the warranty period. No one likes to send RMAs to ASUS but that would be your last hope.
I did try tftp but the router wouldn't respond to ping, host undeliverable. I submitted a RMA request and should have the new router tomorrow. Figured it didn't hurt to keep trying on the old however I do think its a paperweight. I have two so not dead in the water.

I did try tftp but the router wouldn't respond to ping, host undeliverable. I submitted a RMA request and should have the new router tomorrow. Figured it didn't hurt to keep trying on the old however I do think its a paperweight. I have two so not dead in the water.
Is the power LED flashing? If not, then the router isn't in recovery mode.

If it's flashing, then try using 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.50.1 (also make sure to set your client to 192.168.1.2).

If it's flashing, then try using 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.50.1 (also make sure to set your client to 192.168.1.2).
As I said... start up a continuous ping it most likely is 192.168.1.1 and Only for like 29
0 secs after boot, a very short window.

I've tested on my be98 and the only problems i saw till now are that on wireless log i don't see 5ghz-2 section and under 2.4ghz i see 5ghz-1 devices.
In rest everything else seems to work properly with a pppoe connection and with the same settings i had my axe16000.

I am thankful for everyone's work on be98, as i am on my axe16000 as well, thanks.

Last edited:
I've tested on my be98 and the only problems i saw till now are that on wireless log i don't see 5ghz-2 section and under 2.4ghz i see 5ghz-1 devices.
In rest everything else seems to work properly with a pppoe connection and with the same settings i had my axe16000.

I am thankful for everyone's work on be98, as i am on my axe16000 as well, thanks.

I've BE98 as weel with Gnuton Beta 1 (3006.102.1_beta 1): I can confirm the "mess" with Wireless Log page.

Other bugs I've found here:

But there is one I've not signalled and is related to port 1 WAN/LAN 2.5Gb. I'm in PPPoE with tagged VLAN 835 on WAN. I'm forced to use 10G Port 1 for this reason (tagged VLAN) for WAN, but for whatever reason, I cannot use either port 1 WAN/LAN 2.5Gb as LAN, since it says the cable is connected but I cannot acces the router, even if I set manual IPv4 addresses. But I don't know if it's a bug or not.

I'll try again and pay attention to see if the power led is flashing.

I'll try again and pay attention to see if the power led is flashing.
The power led isn't flashing. I know I'm doing this correctly but just in case, I unplugged the router, held reset in while plugging power back in and hold till power led starts blinking.

The power led isn't flashing. I know I'm doing this correctly but just in case, I unplugged the router, held reset in while plugging power back in and hold till power led starts blinking.
No need to unplug the power, you can just use the power button as well, but that shouldn't make any difference, your procedure looks fine to me.

Sometimes, some models have small quirks in their procedure. If you release the WPS button after 10 seconds, does it start flashing?

Otherwise, I'm starting to suspect that the router itself is defective, it's not a firmware related issue as the firmware does not touch the bootloader.

Dogfooding time - just replaced the GT-AXE16000 with the RT-BE96U.

Still no Wifi 7 client tho.

Curious as to the reason for the RT-BE96U as the replacement, and not the BE98 Pro?
Should the World be expecting to see RMerlin FW for the BE96U?
I just read your response that you released a fw 3-weeks prior, I mistakenly was thinking of the BE98 non-Pro, which GNUton has been working.

Last edited:
Mesh as following
Main Router AX11000 Pro running Merlin 3004.388.7_rog
Second BE96U running Merlin 3006.102.1
Connected by Cable Cat 6E 10Gb
On power loss, AX11000 reboot normal with all wifi working perfect, however BE96U rebooted only to 2.4, 5Gz not awailable after power loss.
Had to manually redo the all network to restore wifi 5 on BE96U