What's new

Cloudflare ddns-start script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eodyne

New Around Here
So I've checked every Cloudflare ddns thread here and have tried multiple different scripts and nothing seems to be working. I keep getting Request Errors and failure to update my cloudflare ddns record.

Is there any simple walkthrough or script that is confirmed to work? I've looked into DNSoMatic but it has apparently been folded into OpenDNS and no longer provides the services it once did. You can't sign-up for it anymore (should probably be removed from the interface)

Why Cloudflare if it works in OpenDNS why not use it. I have no need for Cloudflare and I won't use it. I use QUAD9.

Because CloudFlare is my domain provider, I want to run everything as internally as possible, and I use an in network DNS server via a pi-hole and unbound.

I'm not asking how to use Cloudflare's public DNS servers (1.1.1.1 etc.) but for a working custom ddns-start script.