What's new

Cloudflare Time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set the language to match your country. Greece?
To my believe that is the issue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk
Unfortunately not. Plus I don't speak Greek lol :)

Is this correct? (see attached picture please).

I was hoping "something" would help get rid of that irritating "Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." message :(
I don’t think you can use pool and iburst in the GUI fields. Those are meant for a full ntp configuration file, not the way ntp is implemented in Merlin with busybox.

Very interesting blog post! I learned a few things. I've also set my Merlin sourced NTP server to; time.cloudflare.com per the article. No data yet, but looking at it over the next few days.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/secure-time/
It's an interesting article. Too bad it's implemented by a company who has a track record of using its services for political purposes. Any provider of infrastructure services that wants to approve of your politics before you're allowed to use that infrastructure should be avoided like the plague as far as I'm concerned. They should also be disqualified from any common carrier protections from liability they might enjoy.

It might seem fine and dandy today when you're not the target, or you disagree with the target, but do you really want to make your network's functionality dependent on a service that might take it upon itself to decide you shouldn't be on the Internet and pull the plug?

Is this correct? (see attached picture please).

I was hoping "something" would help get rid of that irritating "Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting." message :(
You will have to set the daylight saving time for your region.
I'd google it that is what I did, I'm from Australia.

It's an interesting article. Too bad it's implemented by a company who has a track record of using its services for political purposes. Any provider of infrastructure services that wants to approve of your politics before you're allowed to use that infrastructure should be avoided like the plague as far as I'm concerned. They should also be disqualified from any common carrier protections from liability they might enjoy.

I try to stay out of the politics - but here's the deal... Be Nice, don't be an ******* to others, and don't use my platform to spam your traffic or spread traffic that might be harmful to others.

It's called Terms of Service - at the end of the day, CloudFlare is a CDN, but step across the line of the ToS, and you'll be cut off from their services - the main site is still up, but might not be up to the traffic load.

Yep, we bounced more than a few - mostly spammers - but my platforms came under a major and sustained DDOS attack - and that took down a telecom carrier scale network, and they even found a way to put my platforms on the Spamhaus RBL, which took tremendous efforts to get pulled back to being a reputable MTA again.

At the end of the day - some people aren't very nice - politics notwithstanding.

If it wasn't for collaborative efforts of CloudFlare, Akamai, and others, we would have been offline even longer.

I try to stay out of the politics - but here's the deal... Be Nice, don't be an ******* to others, and don't use my platform to spam your traffic or spread traffic that might be harmful to others.

Sound principles with no way of implementing them in the real world that isn't arbitrary. What is "being an *****" to you may not be to me. Some people feel like a picture of the Betsy Ross flag is being an *****. So now you remove the person who posted the flag from your platform? That's pure stupidity. What happened to, "sticks and stones..."? Now we're such wimps that we can't handle an Internet troll? The rest of the world is burning people alive and beheading people and we're over here unable to handle people saying mean things on the Internet. God help us all.

If it wasn't for collaborative efforts of CloudFlare, Akamai, and others, we would have been offline even longer.
So how's your cloudfare working this morning?

Last edited:

This morning Cloudflare had their first major outage I can even remember in many years, and it only lasted about 30 mins. Let's see how many outages they PREVENTED over all these years. The forums here for instance probably would have been gone a long time ago if it wasn't for Cloudflare protecting them.

If you're going to evaluate something, base it on the long run, not on one single isolated incident taken out of the global context...

Status
Not open for further replies.