What's new

community wireless study

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

G

gwenlisa

If you participate in a wireless signal sharing community (either non-profit like Dallas-Fortworth Free Net or for-profit like FON)...Please help me with my dissertation research! I am a doctoral student in mass communications at Temple University in Philadelphia. My research focuses on the role wireless signal sharing, or mesh networking, can play in efforts to shrink the digital divide. I am exploring the issue from the perspectives of multiple stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, telecommunication companies, and community wireless networks.

I am interested in what motivates you, as a member of a WiFi signal sharing network, to participate in the wireless signal sharing movement. I would also like to know how you use the technology and any concerns you may have about it. Please share your insights and let your voice be heard by participating in my research. You'll find the survey by following this link: http://templeuniversit.wirelesscommunities.sgizmo.com

I know your time is valuable, but completing this questionnaire will require just 15 minutes of your time. No personal information will be collected, and I plan to make the survey results freely available at the completion of my research. Please forward this link to other members of WiFi signal sharing communities who may be interested in completing my questionnaire.

If you are willing to be contacted later for an in depth interview, please provide your email address at the end of the survey form. Providing this information is entirely voluntary.

I'm glad to answer any questions you may have about my research, of course.

With much appreciation,

Gwen Shaffer
PhD Student, Temple University
gwen4@temple.edu

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!