What's new

Compatibility Findings with AddOns with GT-BE98 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
I am starting a thread to summarize my findings to date with my recently purchased GT-BE98 Pro (Merlin 3006.102.1_beta1 firmware) with the "traditional" add-ons.
  1. amtm v4.8: Works as designed, including swap file creation and entware installation.
  2. diversion v5.1.3: Works as designed, including minimal web UI.
  3. skynet v7.6.0: CLI works as designed once installed — web UI does not work. Installation must be completed using command line as amtm installation fails.
  4. MerlinAU v1.2.2: Appears to work as designed (no updates available to test with at this point).
  5. spdMerlin v4.4.5: CLI works as designed — web UI does not work.
  6. YazFI: Incompatible. Functionality completely superseded, IMO, by Asus Guest Network Pro.
  7. LED Control (lc within amtm): Incompatible. LEDs and Aura RGB unaffected by manual control once installed. Night Mode within Merlin router web UI dims LEDs and Aura RGB (but still remain lit) when enabled.
  8. sbnMerlin: Incompatible. Functionality superseded, IMO, by Asus Guest Network Pro with its support of subnets, VLANs, VPNs, etc.

I'm hoping that others will add, comment, correct, ... based upon their personal experience.

Last edited:
At the moment, BACKUPMON is inoperable due to CIFS being missing-in-action. NFS is no longer going to be supported moving forward on 3006.

I believe RTRMON and VPNMON-R3 are working as advertised based on feedback from others... hopefully someone can jump in to validate.

At the moment, BACKUPMON is inoperable due to CIFS being missing-in-action. NFS is no longer going to be supported moving forward on 3006.

I believe RTRMON and VPNMON-R3 are working as advertised based on feedback from others... hopefully someone can jump in to validate.
I will check RTRMON this evening.

YazDHCP: Incompatible. Functionality completely superseded, IMO, by Asus Guest Network Pro.
Do you mean YazFi since you reference the functionality completely superseded by Guest Network Pro?

There are certain things I do with YazFi, for example fixed manual YazFi guest IP addresses and names outside main LAN IP subnet, that did not appear to be features of Guest Network Pro.

To add to this:

1. Router date keeper works for me (post reboot the system logs keep the correct date)
2. AMTM email settings works for me (tested in AMTM and integrated addons like MerlinAU)
3. scMerlin CLI works for me, but not the WebUI.
4. connmon CLI installed, but fails to load the WebUI.
5. unbound CLI works for me
6. MerlinAU (confirmed working on my side through internal testing)

I am the one that reported BACKUPMON was inoperable to Viktor after some troubleshooting, I'm hoping RMerlin finds some good news after investigating.
Thanks for the thread!

Last edited:
Do you mean YazFi since you reference the functionality completely superseded by Guest Network Pro?

There are certain things I do with YazFi, for example fixed manual YazFi guest IP addresses and names outside main LAN IP subnet, that did not appear to be features of Guest Network Pro.
Yes! Corrected above.

Are there errors in the browser console?

Yes, please find below at your request:

client_function.js:157 Uncaught
ReferenceError: httpApi is not defined
at isSupport (client_function.js:157:20)
at client_function.js:160:31

client_function.js:101 Uncaught
at get_wl_unit_by_band (client_function.js:101:22)
at show_banner (state.js:1105:14)
at show_menu (state.js:1319:1)
at initial (user2.asp:279:766)
at onload (user2.asp:283:27)

1718833131447.png

Do you mean by dnsmasq config or directly through YazFi?

Presumably the dnsmasq side would be possible on 3006? (Still on an AC router I have no idea!)

Do you mean by dnsmasq config or directly through YazFi?

Presumably the dnsmasq side would be possible on 3006? (Still on an AC router I have no idea!)
Using dnsmasq (a dnsmasq.postconf file). There are other things done using YazFi custom scripting that make things a bit easier; for example those who need to open up comms from a YazFi client to a main LAN client while keeping other YazFi clients isolated.

It remains to be seen if either or both, or other scripting will be possible with Guest Network Pro. RMerlin indicated that Guest Network Pro starts a new instance of dnsmasq with its own configuration file.

PS: There is also the continual ask by some for YazFi to work on AiMesh nodes (or AP nodes).

Last edited:
Yes, please find below at your request:

client_function.js:157 Uncaught
at isSupport (client_function.js:157:20)
at client_function.js:160:31

client_function.js:101 Uncaught
at get_wl_unit_by_band (client_function.js:101:22)
at show_banner (state.js:1105:14)
at show_menu (state.js:1319:1)
at initial (user2.asp:279:766)
at onload (user2.asp:283:27)

View attachment 59588
OK, thanks! So @Jack Yaz or @Martinski probably need to include:
Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/js/httpApi.js"></script>
in the ASP page because client_function.js appears to reference httpApi in 3006.102, but not earlier versions.

Fear not my fellow developer and forum friend, @RMerlin hears your CIFS concerns...

I'm already ready for beta2
To be honest with you, I haven't vested any time into checking to see if adguardhome or dncrypt proxy will have any issues, I am assuming it shouldn't since unbound seems to be working, but you never know. As soon as I get enough funds, I will get one of the newer models and play around to see if I need to change anything. This time cheers go to @RMerlin because he included the new models before I was able to afford them.

To add to this:

1. Router date keeper works for me (post reboot the system logs keep the correct date)
2. AMTM email settings works for me (tested in AMTM and integrated addons like MerlinAU)
3. scMerlin CLI works for me, but not the WebUI.
4. connmon CLI installed, but fails to load the WebUI.
5. unbound CLI works for me
6. MerlinAU (confirmed working on my side through internal testing)

I am the one that reported BACKUPMON was inoperable to Viktor after some troubleshooting, I'm hoping RMerlin finds some good news after investigating.
Thanks for the thread!
I confirmed the above as well as:
  1. RTRMON v2.0.17: Works as designed.

I confirmed the above as well as:
  1. RTRMON v2.0.17: Works as designed.
Those sweet dual 6GHz WiFi ranges on the WiFi page (3) is certainly impressive to see. ;)

This time cheers go to @RMerlin because he included the new models before I was able to afford them.
It honestly might need to wait for a Black Friday or Christmas sale for me to leap for the BE98_Pro... I hope Santa is nice to me this year. ;) Or I'll just patiently need to wait for 3006 to come to my trusty GT-AX6000 (hopefully). ;)

Fear not my fellow developer and forum friend, @RMerlin hears your CIFS concerns...

Thanks for brightening my day, fellow developer forum friend! ❤️ Whooo BACKUPMON should be back in business soon!

If anyone has a working Tailscale configuration going, and wants to see if TAILMON works on the BE98_Pro, please don't let me stop you from adding it to your Tailnet! LOL