What's new

Compatibility Findings with AddOns with GT-BE98 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'd suggest you take a look at the "scmerlin_www.asp" file.
The key change to fix that specific error was to have the following 3 JS files in this order:
Rich (BB code):
... src="/js/jquery.js"
... src="/js/httpApi.js"
... src="/client_function.js"

View attachment 59906

HTH.

Playing with it a little further it seems something else was depending on client_function.js, moving it to the third position overall resolved the issue.

Playing with it a little further it seems something else was depending on client_function.js, moving it to the third position overall resolved the issue.
@Adamm: Skynet v1.6.1's web UI appears to function correctly on the GT-BE98 Pro. Thank you for chasing this down!

Update on add-ons with respect to web UIs:
  • Skynet and scMerlin appear to be fully functional;
  • unbound, spdMerlin, and connmon partially work: Chart functions do not work. Additionally (may be related), these add-ons open their own tabs instead of a tab within the main Merlin web UI.

Last edited:
Update on add-ons with respect to web UIs:
  • Skynet and scMerlin appear to be fully functional;
  • unbound, spdMerlin, and connmon partially work: Chart functions do not work. Additionally (may be related), these add-ons open their own tabs instead of a tab within the main Merlin web UI.

I had mentioned connmon down here, but never tried to install the unbound WebUI. Good catch!

To add to this:

1. Router date keeper works for me (post reboot the system logs keep the correct date)
2. AMTM email settings works for me (tested in AMTM and integrated addons like MerlinAU)
3. scMerlin CLI works for me, but not the WebUI.
4. connmon CLI installed, but fails to load the WebUI.
5. unbound CLI works for me
6. MerlinAU (confirmed working on my side through internal testing)

I am the one that reported BACKUPMON was inoperable to Viktor after some troubleshooting, I'm hoping RMerlin finds some good news after investigating.
Thanks for the thread!

As for SpdMerlin and connmon, there is updates in the works in JackYaz's dev branch, which I confirmed tonight are functional for me:

1719980894596.png

1719980905926.png

If you wish to test, run these commands for spdMerlin:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin forceupdate

And this for connmon:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/connmon develop
/jffs/scripts/connmon forceupdate

As for SpdMerlin and connmon, there is updates in the works in JackYaz's dev branch, which I confirmed tonight are functional for me:

If you wish to test, run these commands for spdMerlin:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin forceupdate

And this for connmon:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/connmon develop
/jffs/scripts/connmon forceupdate

Yes, @ExtremeFiretop is correct. Yesterday, I submitted PRs to @Jack Yaz's repos for spdMerlin & connmon add-ons to fix the errors reported when the webGUI pages are loaded on the 3006.102.1 F/W version. JackYaz has merged those PRs so the 'develop' versions are ready for testing & validation.

Yes, @ExtremeFiretop is correct. Yesterday, I submitted PRs to @Jack Yaz's repos for spdMerlin & connmon add-ons to fix the errors reported when the webGUI pages are loaded on the 3006.102.1 F/W version. JackYaz has merged those PRs so the 'develop' versions are ready for testing & validation.

1000002552.png

I just installed and confirmed fixes as well. Thanks again, @Martinski!

With @Martinski's latest updates, that leaves unbound as the last web UI that still doesn't work (as far as ones that I use! ;) ). This community is amazing.

Just noticed, both branches, 4.4.5 and 4.4.6, if storage location is set to USB for stats and config, and you choose option RT - to Reset spdMerlin database / delete all data.

It fails with "Database size exceeds available space. 260.0KB is required to create backup." but all things being equal, if the storage location is set to JFFS, then "Sufficient free space to back up database, proceeding..." Noticed as I moved to the Developement branch and changed Preferred Server to start clean, where the DB size was 1.4MB based on my settings and its a 256GB USB with a 5GB swap file. Used the default values for number of tests to be shown / kept to 10/30 from 30/180 where I originally had it set to. Saving and not saving the URLs made no difference either.

Update: tried with conmon, no issues with resetting the DB, though in the log there's "Router connmon: Sufficient free space to back up database, proceeding..." which I didn't see for SpdMerlin, not sure if it should be there as well...

Last edited: