What's new

Compatibility Findings with AddOns with GT-BE98 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any thoughts to explain the discrepancy?
Does it match these outputs?
Code:
# ls -la /data/.kernel_nvram.setting
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin root         79988 Jun 28 04:17 /data/.kernel_nvram.setting
# nvram show 1>/dev/null
size: 84865 bytes (111743 left)

Does it match these outputs?
Code:
# ls -la /data/.kernel_nvram.setting
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin root         79988 Jun 28 04:17 /data/.kernel_nvram.setting
# nvram show 1>/dev/null
size: 84865 bytes (111743 left)
You are dead on once again! Web GUI number equates to # ls -la /data/.kernel_nvram.setting value, and scMerlin appears to use # nvram show 1>/dev/null value. Still wondering why such a difference...

Last edited:
You are dead on once again! Web GUI number equates to # ls -la /data/.kernel_nvram.setting value, and scMerlin appears to use # nvram show 1>/dev/null value. Still wondering why such a difference...
The firmware behavior was introduced about 2 years ago. Maybe to account for the mixed usage of nvram and jffs for the settings?

The firmware behavior was introduced about 2 years ago. Maybe to account for the mixed usage of nvram and jffs for the settings?
Correct. My calculation method is based on info obtained from Asus.

@Viktor Jaep

Just an FYI, I flashed the latest full release of v3006.102.1 on the GT-BE98 Pro, and still have the same errors of "no such device" with BACKUPMON with the same configuration as 3004.
So something is still up, I haven't investigated the cause yet, just starting by testing and reporting.

-3006.102.1:

1719633755155.png

-3004.388.8_beta1

1719633852575.png

@Viktor Jaep

Just an FYI, I flashed the latest full release of v3006.102.1 on the GT-BE98 Pro, and still have the same errors of "no such device" with BACKUPMON with the same configuration as 3004.
So something is still up, I haven't investigated the cause yet, just starting by testing and reporting.

-3006.102.1:

View attachment 59855

-3004.388.8_beta1

View attachment 59856
Same situation for me. I am trying to mount a network share on a Synology NAS using CIFS 3.02. Changing CIFS/SMB from v3.02 to lower versions did not help. Error log does not provide any further details other than mount failed.

I managed to get a different error after probing cifs:

1719635647165.png

Try manually mounting your share. SMB mounting is working for me.

Code:
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# mkdir /tmp/t
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# modprobe cifs
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# mount -t cifs //192.168.10.200/Public /tmp/t -o "username=merlin,password=XXXX"
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# df -h /tmp/t
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
//192.168.10.200/Public
                          8.9T      5.2T      3.7T  24% /tmp/t

dmesg might provide you more hint as to why it's failing.

Try manually mounting your share. SMB mounting is working for me.

Code:
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# mkdir /tmp/t
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# modprobe cifs
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# mount -t cifs //192.168.10.200/Public /tmp/t -o "username=merlin,password=XXXX"
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# df -h /tmp/t
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
//192.168.10.200/Public
                          8.9T      5.2T      3.7T  24% /tmp/t

dmesg might provide you more hint as to why it's failing.

Confirmed that manually mounting the SMB share worked:

1719638077730.png

I didn't need to create a directory, since the tmp/mnt/backups already existed.
I had already done the modprobe which is how I got the different errors reported above.

But once I manually mapped the share, I was able to browse the directory, and backupmon started working.
Doing a dmesg I do see some: Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE relating I believe.

Last edited:
Confirmed that manually mounting the SMB share worked:
So the issue is within the script. Could be something as basic as not properly detecting on which router it's currently running.

So the issue is within the script. Could be something as basic as not properly detecting on which router it's currently running.

Agreed, likely simply needs a small update so it can properly mount the share. Once the share is mounted all is functional. @Viktor Jaep feel free to DM me for more info.

My scenario testing this:
  1. Manually map/mount the share (confirmed using df -h /tmp/mnt/netshare command).
  2. Successfully execute backup using BACKUPMON. BACKUPMON unmounts share (confirmed using df -h /tmp/mnt/netshare command).
  3. Successfully execute backup using BACKUPMON a second time, which required BACKUPMON to mount the share.
Why can BACKUPMON successfully mount the share the second time if the issue is in the script?

Last edited:
Another data point: Network shares need to be mounted manually after a reboot before BACKUPMON can mount and access te shares.

It appears that the only missing command necessary for CIFS/SMB shares to be mounted/accessed by BACKUPMON on the GT-BE98 Pro is modprobe cifs.

I can confirm that the latest backupmon 1.8.7 is now functional on 3006 for anyone following this tread.

YazDHCP appears to be incompatible. After installation, all of the DHCP reservations on the LAN/DHCP Server page disappear from the GUI. Restoring NVRAM values during uninstallation fixes the issue.

I submitted another PR to @Jack Yaz's YazDHCP repository on GitHub, and he has merged the code into his 'develop' branch. This PR fixes the issue with the webGUI not showing any of the manually assigned DHCP IP address reservations.

If you wish to test & validate this latest 1.0.7 version, run the following commands to switch from the currently installed master release to the new 'develop' version:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop
/jffs/scripts/YazDHCP forceupdate
After the update is completed, go to the UI menu on your SSH terminal window, and if you had pre-existing IP address reservations, you should now see the following menu option available:
Rich (BB code):
x.    Export DHCP assignments from NVRAM to YazDHCP
If so, Type "x" and follow the prompts to transfer the appropriate NVRAM key values to YazDHCP local files. Once that's completed, go to the webGUI page and you should now see all your DHCP IP address assignments populating the panel.

I want to thank @ExtremeFiretop for taking the time to help me out with testing & validation of the recent fixes for YazDHCP & scMerlin on his GT-BE98_PRO router. His help was instrumental in figuring out the source of the problems.

Someone care to take a look at Skynets WebUI? I can't seem to figure out the whole JS dependency situation.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'ajax')
at Object.hookGet (httpApi.js:364:3)
at get_wl_unit_by_band (client_function.js:101:30)
at show_banner (state.js:1105:14)
at show_menu (state.js:1319:1)
at initial (user2.asp:358:13)
at onload (user2.asp:810:27)

Someone care to take a look at Skynets WebUI? I can't seem to figure out the whole JS dependency situation.

I'd suggest you take a look at the "scmerlin_www.asp" file.
The key change to fix that specific error was to have the following 3 JS files in this order:
Rich (BB code):
... src="/js/jquery.js"
... src="/js/httpApi.js"
... src="/client_function.js"

scMerlin_WebGUI_ASP.jpg

HTH.

Attachments

• scMerlin_WebGUI_ASP.jpg
    scMerlin_WebGUI_ASP.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 5