What's new

Connecting two ASUS routers via VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mlun58

New Around Here
I have an RT-AX92U in my home, and want to buy an ASUS router in my summer house so that I can access the devises in the summer house when I am at home and vice versa. Is this as simple as setting up the AX92U as a VPN server, create an ovpn file and then setup the new ASUS router via VPN Fusion (separate IP ranges of course)? Just wonder if this would give two way access.

Any suggestions on the router model to buy in the summer house? No need for a fancy super router :)

Thanks.

This is what I've done. Its doable, but my experience is that its not a simple as creating a simple VPN client-server setup if you want bi-direction access. I had to generate a signed client certs.

I simply set up one of my routers to be a WireGuard server and connect using my computer or phone, using the app.

While not OpenVPN, the following Asus support article may or may not be relevant. It explains how to setup a WireGuard site to site VPN on Asus routers.

Someone did a youtube video of site to site VPN using RT-AC86U routers.

A slightly older site to site article using Asus routers.

OpenVPN site to site.

Reactions: N&B

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!