What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyy so i just tested some things.
I have set a spezific DNS Server in my Router and also in Windows( I have found this dns server with a tool called dns bechmark)
My question is as you see i have right now installed this scripts with the spezific dns server as i found that should be the fastest with this tool.
But when i run an connmon ping test, with the dns server that should be the fastest it gives me 10ms high ping than on the lets say 1.1.1.1 server ?

But the tool says its the fastest ?

Is there any sort of issue with asus restarts? This last time the device was rebooted, connman did not start for some reason. I just noticed it, was restarted 3 days ago. Or, it could have been internet was down as well during that time, i.e. before and after the reboot. Any way to debug what actually went on?

Is there any sort of issue with asus restarts? This last time the device was rebooted, connman did not start for some reason. I just noticed it, was restarted 3 days ago. Or, it could have been internet was down as well during that time, i.e. before and after the reboot. Any way to debug what actually went on?
Usual culprit is ntp not syncing. Check syslog

Usual culprit is ntp not syncing. Check syslog

Well, ntp wouldn't immediately sync since as I mentioned internet was down before reboot, and after. So, in that case, connman wouldn'\t start up perhaps?

Only messages I can see from that day:
Jul 22 02:50:41 crond[507]: time disparity of 1165090 minutes detected
Jul 22 02:50:46 ovpn-server1[6325]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)

Well, ntp wouldn't immediately sync since as I mentioned internet was down before reboot, and after. So, in that case, connman wouldn'\t start up perhaps?

Only messages I can see from that day:
Jul 22 02:50:41 crond[507]: time disparity of 1165090 minutes detected
Jul 22 02:50:46 ovpn-server1[6325]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
there's a 5 min wait at startup for ntp, if your internet was out for longer than this then connmon wouldn't have started

Should still be there. Check syslog for any errors from connmon
Didn't find any errors but this line:

Code:
Aug 16 11:18:41 connmon: Mounting connmon WebUI page as user2.asp

And couldn't access connmon.

try running
Code:
connmon startup

Yeah. After running that command connmon seemed to start and is now visible in Addons.

Code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@RT-AC68U-xxxx:/# connmon startup
connmon: Mounting connmon WebUI page as user4.asp

xxxxxxxxxxxxxn@RT-AC68U-xxxx:/#

Does that user2 vs. user4 mean anything?

Anyway, I'll reboot the router once more and see if everything is OK after that.

After reboot connmon is there OK. Maybe it was just a random glitch.
the router has to re-learn how to be a router and settle in after a firmware update and realize it's missed a step or 2 in the reboot process. You started looking for things as it was doing that and didn't give it a chance

the router has to re-learn how to be a router and settle in after a firmware update and realize it's missed a step or 2 in the reboot process. You started looking for things as it was doing that and didn't give it a chance
After updating the firmware I let the router settle for about 15 minutes. After that I rebooted and after some 30 minutes checked updates and Disk check log with amtm and went to merlin GUI for routine check and to save settings. Only then I noticed that for some reason I cannot access connmon. Anyway, connmon seems to work nicely atm.

After I reinstalled my usb and scripts from scratch, after 384.19 upgrade, my graphs don't look right, or my router is pinging itself. A manual ping returns believable data.
Anyone got any idea what I've got wrong? Or is it because of the spike that my graphs are skewed?

Everything else seems to be running smooth for now. Except for 3 wyze cams. I can't get them to connect with anything after I changed my SSID password. I kept the same Network name. Bad time for housekeeping. If anyone knows anything about them, I would appreciate the advice, althought this might not be the proper place to ask.
tia,
jts

conmon1.jpg

After I reinstalled my usb and scripts from scratch, after 384.19 upgrade, my graphs don't look right, or my router is pinging itself. A manual ping returns believable data.
Anyone got any idea what I've got wrong? Or is it because of the spike that my graphs are skewed?

Everything else seems to be running smooth for now. Except for 3 wyze cams. I can't get them to connect with anything after I changed my SSID password. I kept the same Network name. Bad time for housekeeping. If anyone knows anything about them, I would appreciate the advice, althought this might not be the proper place to ask.
tia,
jts

View attachment 25796

Thank you. I tried that but it didn't work for me. Next plan is doing a factory reset. This one has me baffled so far.
thanks again,
jts

The big spike is why my graph is out of whack. I should have realized that. It always spikes at about the same time every night. Something the isp does I reckon.
I still can't get the wyze cams going, I am baffled here. I will look some more.
thanks,
jts

OK... so I have a problem. After months of working as it should, I noticed the past weeks that data is missing from chart. I ran a small connection test and I get the next error:

/opt/bin/sqlite3: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libm.so.6: invalid ELF header
dos2unix: can't open '/opt/share/connmon.d/csv/*.htm': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/opt/share/connmon.d/csv/*.htm': No such file or directory
find: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libm.so.6: invalid ELF header
/opt/bin/7z: line 1: syntax error: unexpected ")"
mv: can't rename '/tmp/connmondata.zip': No such file or directory
connmon: Test results - Ping 4.098 ms - Jitter - 5.254 ms - Line Quality 100.000 %

Can anyone help me with this one?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!