What's new

custom ddns update every minutes with AX86U 3004.388.7 firmeware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I actually run a quick test with current Asuswrt for RT-AX86U and No-IP DDNS with IPv6 Native. The same result with IPv6 DDNS update enabled - update messages every minute in System Log. Surprised no one noticed and reported it in Asuswrt firmware release thread. šŸ§
Presumably, there must be either an ISP provisions factor involved (somewhere) and / or, a Router Config setup that's producing those update messages by the minute?

I'm using an RT-AX86U and IPv6 (Native) c/w No-IP DDNS together with the IPv6 update option switched on (as mentioned in post #6 above - extract below, in which I've just corrected a previous one letter typo) BUT, I have NO update messages by the minute. My DDNS config was not effected when upgrading from 3004.388.7 to 3004.388.8 either FWIW.
I use a IPv4 / IPv6 stack via FTTH from my ISP, which is bridged through to my AX86U. I use the default WEBUI DDNS services for asuscomm.com DDNS, but I've also created a inadyn.conf.add file and I use this to update no-ip.com DDNS services at the same time. The IPv6 update option is set to YES and everything works perfectly, every time. i.e. The IPv4 and IPv6 (via ppp) DDNS services from both providers, updates regularly, without any issues, every time, even after a re-boot and / or a Merlin firmware upgrade.
Perhaps... (only my first guess) it's because, I am still using asuscomm.com as well as No-IP for DDNS?

Presumably, there must be either an ISP provisions factor involved (somewhere) and / or, a Router Config

Router config - basic, manual, for testing
ISP factor - probably, IPv6 native with /64

Got surprised by the DDNS update messages in System Log, pages long. IPv6 update disable stops the spam. Run it just to test and see what happens. I usually try to reproduce the issue someone else is seeing. This one - first attempt. Had no much time to test further, router back on the shelf for now.