What's new

Custom firmware build for R9000/R8900 v. 1.0.4.40HF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Once a time "curl" was not included in the firmwares, so I added to use wget as an alternative.
You can use what you like. (But I recommend you to use 5.2 beta instead of this old release).
No worries kamoj, happy to report all the issues I found here. Fortunately this is the only one I have had as always used Voxel firmware since he began to building to R9000 routers (my actual one) and also your add-on, which defnitely unleashs very useful information to users like me :)

As I mentioned before, I was using your add-on untill figuring out it might be the source of my problems about DNSCrypt, but it is not.
But just to make sure I was running your latest version, should I one of both links stated at your thread, right ? One of those below :

curl -k -R -O https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipk
or:
wget --no-check-certificate https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipk

Just asking this as I am planning re-install it again since the problem was not coming from your add-on.

The "official" kamoj add-on 5.0 beta you plan to re-install does not solve the certificate problem.
I would suggest you join the team of beta 5.2 testers. PM me if you want to. Then this problem is solved by router getting valid time before NTP has synced ok.

Yeah kamoj, when I said that will plan to re-install your add-on, I meant wish to use the latest beta version, hence why I asked if should use one of those links stated on my previous message or not.
Will be happy to join to the beta testers team. Going to shoot you a Private Msg
Cheers ;)

My question is, is there any way to bypass this issue to allow DNSCrypt retrives those certifications even if they are invalid or expired ? I mean, forcing it to get certifications despite of being invalid/expired or not

Not sure if dnscrypt has a parameter for that.

perhaps the list can be downloaded with curl / wget, before dnscrypt is started.
(curl / wget do have a parameter to ignore certificate errors)

But that would also be messy solution.

also wondering: would it help if the dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml file is changed so that the cache-file for the public-resolvers.md is stored in a location that is in the overlay?
So that after a reboot, the cache-file is still available.
(downside -> we don't know how often the cache-file is modified -> frequent writes could be bad for the overlay flash?)

Last edited:
Reactions: KW.
Not sure if dnscrypt has a parameter for that.

perhaps the list can be downloaded with curl / wget, before dnscrypt is started.
(curl / wget do have a parameter to ignore certificate errors)

But that would also be messy solution.

also wondering: would it help if the dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml file is changed so that the cache-file for the public-resolvers.md is stored in a location that is in the overlay?
So that after a reboot, the cache-file is still available.
(downside -> we don't know how often the cache-file is modified -> frequent writes could be bad for the overlay flash?)

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge for doing that, but you know what, I ended up by installing kamoj beta add-on, and as far as I can tell you it is working well.
But like I said before, without this beta add-on installed, DNSCrypt does not work anymore... at least for me

I also lost connection to DNS-crypt 2 two days ago. Internet went suddenly down and stayed offline untill I closed DNS-crypt 2. But when I put DNS-crypt on again it was working. This was not with Kamojs-latest version of addon! And as I understand it he already fixed these issues before I had my problems. Now I use the latest update and have had no issues at all.

Last edited:
Hello, maybe it has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in this forum: is it possible to extract 7zip archives with the included tools (busybox etc.) ?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!