What's new

Defect Report : NFS shares not allowed if there is a USB device not mounted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

algorab

Occasional Visitor
For this situation, I have attached a flash stick in usb1 and a HDD in usb2. So, the flash stick is sda and HDD is sdb.

sda was used as a swap partition, thus, it remained unmounted. sdb was mounted correctly. Then, I proceeded to declare the NFS shares mapped on sdb's partitions. However, I was not allowed to do so by the Web app, because the add share button was missing from the page. I was able to create the NFS mounts by using the exportfs command, but those remained invisible in the Web UI.

Then, I did the following. I repartitioned the flash stick with one partition for swap and one with an ext3 file system. Upon attaching it to the router, the ext3 filesystem was mounted and in the NFS configuration web page I was allowed to define shares.

So, in conclusion, the defect comes from the fact that the application will not allow the user to define NFS shares on an existing and correctly mounted USB device when there is another device which is attached but not mounted.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!