What's new

Disable Web History under Adaptive QoS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GuyCosmos

New Around Here
Hello,

I just set up a 68P and installed Merlin 378.56_2 on it. What I didn't notice until now is AsusWRT Web History tab under Adaptive QoS. Is there any way to disable this? This is a big breach of personal privacy in the house. I would rather just see the bandwidth info in general. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just set up a 68P and installed Merlin 378.56_2 on it. What I didn't notice until now is AsusWRT Web History tab under Adaptive QoS. Is there any way to disable this? This is a big breach of personal privacy in the house. I would rather just see the bandwidth info in general. Thanks.

This feature is from Asus, not from me.

They already added the option to disable it in newer firmware releases.

I am running 380.57 and it does have the tab to disable in fact it is disabled by default.

Hi @RMerlin and @GuyCosmos,
This function could delete record of web history in the future, this function will change into database-based. But it will implement in 2016/Q2 or later.

Thanks,
Vanic

This is not a complaint, merely a report and inquiry. I know this problem does not belong to you RMerlin and I thank you for everything you do. The RT-AC56U_380.57_0.trx loaded into my RT-AC56U did not produce the behavior I desired or expected. The Web History tab only seems to turn the display of the web history on or off. The collection of web history continues no matter what the setting of the tab. I.e., if you turn the tab to off, wait 30 minutes, and turn the tab on; the display turns shows all the history as if the tab never went to off. My question, does this behavior occur for others?

This is not a complaint, merely a report and inquiry. I know this problem does not belong to you RMerlin and I thank you for everything you do. The RT-AC56U_380.57_0.trx loaded into my RT-AC56U did not produce the behavior I desired or expected. The Web History tab only seems to turn the display of the web history on or off. The collection of web history continues no matter what the setting of the tab. I.e., if you turn the tab to off, wait 30 minutes, and turn the tab on; the display turns shows all the history as if the tab never went to off. My question, does this behavior occur for others?

Yes, it's right. Now, this is only a button for display, it can't clean anything. I have done the new function based on database, the new function will release in Q2 or Q3 in ASUS's software schedule.

Thanks,
Vanic