What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Seems like I do have “file” in my stats.
Can you run this command and post the output:
Code:
/opt/bin/grep 'Ditbabot-nd.R?' /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log*

Attachments

• 974A7EDC-FBED-4886-989F-0F9AE4C6C7F1.jpeg
    974A7EDC-FBED-4886-989F-0F9AE4C6C7F1.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 237
Hello. Would someone be willing to share their settings for Diversion under OpenVPN? I'd really appreciate it. I tried and tried with only bad luck as the result. Currently I use Astrill VPN and they recently went to $20/month (USD). While it works great, and allows me to stick with Skynet and Diversion, being from Canada it is too expensive anymore.

thanks, Bj

Hello. Would someone be willing to share their settings for Diversion under OpenVPN? I'd really appreciate it. I tried and tried with only bad luck as the result. Currently I use Astrill VPN and they recently went to $20/month (USD). While it works great, and allows me to stick with Skynet and Diversion, being from Canada it is too expensive anymore.

thanks, Bj
Like this?
Screenshot-at-2019-10-20-14-27-29.png

Like this?

Thanks for the screen shot. The only difference between mine and yours is dnsmasq is on here. I cannot mess with it now, the household is home and they pretty much live online. Luckily (or not) I do not sleep so I have all late night to play with it. I'm anxious to get this working.

thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the screen shot. The only difference between mine and yours is dnsmasq is on here. I cannot mess with it now, the household is home and they pretty much live online. Luckily (or not) I do not sleep so I have all late night to play with it. I'm anxious to get this working.

thanks
Are you having trouble getting Diversion ad blocking through the VPN? Make sure to set the "Accept DNS Configuration" to DISABLED. Hover your mouse over the "Accept DNS Configuration" line and click, a pop up box explains what and why.

Also see this from Xentrk. The same as the mouse hover I suggest above.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-36#post-515835

Are you having trouble getting Diversion ad blocking through the VPN? Make sure to set the "Accept DNS Configuration" to DISABLED. Hover your mouse over the "Accept DNS Configuration" line and click, a pop up box explains what and why.

Also see this from Xentrk. The same as the mouse hover I suggest above.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-36#post-515835
Yes, it is Diversion through OpenVPN that is giving me headaches. I tried turning off dnsmasq and setting Accept DNS to disabled. It looked like it worked for a moment. I usually test by looking at weather.com and speedtest.net and all the ads were blocked. Great. I turned Diversion off and the ad were back which looked good in terms of working. I turned Diversion back on and all the ads were still there. Weird

-Keef

Last edited:
Yes, it is Diversion through OpenVPN that is giving me headaches. I tried turning off dnsmasq and setting Accept DNS to disabled. It looked like it worked for a moment. I usually test by looking at weather.com and speedtest.net and all the ads were blocked. Great. I turned Diversion off and the ad were back which looked good in terms of working. I turned Diversion back on and all the ads were still there. Weird

-Keef
When you say dnsmasq off for me and on for you, do you mean the entry (ds) dnsmasq settings?
Code:
Dnsmasq settings:
 See the Dnsmasq man page what these options do:
 http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html
 Note: Settings are not active when Dnsmasq
 settings are disabled.
 1. Enable Dnsmasq settings
 2. log-async         
 3. cache-size       
 4. bogus-priv       
 5. domain-needed     
 6. log-queries=extra
I suggest you turn that off and leave it alone, that is definitely an advanced user menu if you have special needs and really know what it all means, I do not.

Clear all your browser caches after you turn Diversion back on, ads are likely still in the cache.

Is someone having the same issue with the android PayPal app? I can't log-in.
I cleared my cache and follow the dnsmasq and see no blocked domains when trying to access my account in PayPal. Only when I disable Diversion is when I can log-in my PayPal.

Thanks to @thelonelycoder for such an incredible and fantastic script, I still don't know what I will do with all the years I have saved by using Diversion, I think I'll read bedtime stories to my great grandchildren. :):):)

Last edited:
Is someone having the same issue with the android PayPal app? I can't log-in.
I cleared my cache and follow the dnsmasq and see no blocked domains when trying to access my account in PayPal. Only when I disable Diversion is when I can log-in my PayPal.
I'm not sure if it helps, but I have t.paypal.com in my whitelist.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have t.paypal.com in my whitelist.
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it didn't work.

I think it didn't do a difference because it's not in the blocking list
t.paypal.com
was not found in blocking list(s)

If you add it anyway, it may have no effect unless
you select a larger blocking list.

The domain will be marked #(forced-entry) and is
not re-added to the blocking list if you remove it.

Add it to whitelist anyway? [1=Yes 2=No]

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it didn't work.

I think it didn't do a difference because it's not in the blocking list
What blocking list do you use?

Four thousand replies to this topic in a little over a year. An average of close to 10 a day. And an army of grateful followers.

The Holy Trinity takes on a new meaning: RMerlin, Adamm and thelonelycoder aka Eric, Adam and Martin
Well spotted!
If I would have kept the same thread since the first AB-Solution release then the numbers would be in the multiple tens of thousands, with millions of views.

Same here, with Standard+ for Skynet. No problem with iOS PayPal app.
I don't want to install the app on my Android device for reasons. Someone else will surely pipe in with specific Android app related domains to whitelist.

Same here, with Standard+ for Skynet. No problem with iOS PayPal app.
I don't want to install the app on my Android device for reasons. Someone else will surely pipe in with specific Android app related domains to whitelist.

I switched to small list and now I can log-in to PayPal. The only downside is that some ads are now being shown.

I have a reddit account named thelonelycoder and have created the subreddit /r/AB-Solution more than a year ago.
Of course, AB-Solution is now history but the good memories linger on.

Today I checked the availability of /r/diversion and found that I could request it since the original moderator left that subreddit a while ago.
One needs some karma on reddit to request a defunct subreddit and I did not have enough. So I had to generate some internet points on that site.
Kangaroos can be a nuisance, tourist attraction or simply be part of the beautiful landscape in Australia. I did have my experiences with that creature during my trips into the bush or in the Outback while I lived on that continent. The video is not mine, I found it on reddit.

I quickly gained the necessary karma and my request was granted immediately by reddit.
I now am the moderator of https://www.reddit.com/r/diversion/, I wonder who's going to post first...

BTW, there's also a Asuswrt-Merlin dedicated subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Asus_Merlin/

Went ahead and joined...was even tempted to post just to be first. ;)

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!