What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is weird I have this in hostlist "5fd74.v.fwmrm.net" and in blacklist so it should be blocked right.
When I use my phone the adress is blocked but when I send to chromecast ultra then it is not blocked and passess the router.
Shouldnt diversion block all network on port 80 and 443 to that address??
When I add the address in merlin under firwall URL filter the it stays blockt correcly 100%... so whats the problem with diversion. I also dont have skynet installed.

I also did a port scan on the adress thru: https://pentest-tools.com/network-vulnerability-scanning/tcp-port-scanner-online-nmap#

Only port 80 and 443 is open... so weird that diversion does not block it correcly.

This is weird I have this in hostlist "5fd74.v.fwmrm.net" and in blacklist so it should be blocked right.
When I use my phone the adress is blocked but when I send to chromecast ultra then it is not blocked and passess the router.
Shouldnt diversion block all network on port 80 and 443 to that address??
When I add the address in merlin under firwall URL filter the it stays blockt correcly 100%... so whats the problem with diversion. I also dont have skynet installed.

I also did a port scan on the adress thru: https://pentest-tools.com/network-vulnerability-scanning/tcp-port-scanner-online-nmap#

Only port 80 and 443 is open... so weird that diversion does not block it correcly.

As far as I know Chromecast devices use hard coded DNS to Google DNS servers and you can't use diversion or any other DNS based ad blockers on them directly without doing force routing of Google DNS servers to your router IP.

@thelonelycoder

I'm still facing this issue since diversion
When my router is restarted whatever the reason is, everything is mounted and starts, except pixelserv-tls

I have tried restarting it, updating it, disabling diversion and enabling it back again, but nothing works...

Any idea how to solve it?

I don't know what else to do...
bd29b38c5d74d5153a3dbe8d63be5ded.jpg

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Last edited:
@thelonelycoder

I'm still facing this issue since diversion
When my router is restarted whatever the reason is, everything is mounted and starts, except pixelserv-tls

I have tried restarting it, updating it, disabling diversion and enabling it back again, but nothing works...

Any idea how to solve it?

I don't know what else to do...
bd29b38c5d74d5153a3dbe8d63be5ded.jpg

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Looks like you've updated pixelserv-tls manually without using Diversion built-in updater and it messed up the $80pixelserv-tls file.

Use 12 in diversion menu to reinstall it.

How do I reset the static on how may domains that has been blocked since installation of diversion?

ahh ok, so, correct me if I'm wrong, doing as you suggest wil cause a DNS leak when using the VPN. However, Diversion will work, correct? I actually need the VPN's DNS for the Apple TV 4K to Stream US content (I'm in Australia but have a shared DirecTV account and use all of the various Streaming Apps, plus Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video). Is there a way to exclude one device so it is routed completely through the VPN?

@Xentrk If I can't route the Apple TV 4K through VPN Profile 1 because of a leak DNSmasq causes (by adding dhcp-option dns x.x.x.x - Custom Configuration), could I simply setup Profile 2 using a different server (with only the ATV 4K routed completely through the Profile 2 VPN) and therefore by-passing Diversion/DNSmasq?

How well is this working overall for everyone? I had no idea one could block ads at the router.. Any negative effects?
Some ad servers are still working/going thru... I guess I need to have skynet. Useing just diversion seems not to stop all communication to blocked host in the hostfile.

Looks like you've updated pixelserv-tls manually without using Diversion built-in updater and it messed up the $80pixelserv-tls file.

Use 12 in diversion menu to reinstall it.
I'm using pixelserv-tls latest beta which I installed it from AMTM's menu.

I didn't get that "12"... can you explain it?

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Last edited:
I'm using pixelserv-tls latest beta which I installed it from AMTM's menu.

I didn't get that "12"... can you explain it?

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Open Diversion and write 12 in the main menu area and press enter it'll fetch all the configuration files from the server again.

@Xentrk If I can't route the Apple TV 4K through VPN Profile 1 because of a leak DNSmasq causes (by adding dhcp-option dns x.x.x.x - Custom Configuration), could I simply setup Profile 2 using a different server (with only the ATV 4K routed completely through the Profile 2 VPN) and therefore by-passing Diversion/DNSmasq?
That's what I do. I do a lot of streaming and I have a connection to a offsite router. Both work really well. The one I use for streaming is using the vpn provider's dns. The other one is the same it gets the dns from the offsite router. All the while my LAN uses Cloudflare.

How well is this working overall for everyone? I had no idea one could block ads at the router.. Any negative effects?
I've been using this and the predecessor AB-Solution. This is quality scripting my friend!

Thanks.. Seems simple to set up? And blocks at the DNS level so all devices should be flushed first?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks.. Seems simple to set up? And blocks at the DNS level so all devices should be flushed first?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I guess it wouldn't hurt but it is something I didn't do personally.

That's what I do. I do a lot of streaming and I have a connection to a offsite router. Both work really well. The one I use for streaming is using the vpn provider's dns. The other one is the same it gets the dns from the offsite router. All the while my LAN uses Cloudflare.

Awesome, I'll setup the VPN Profile 1 according to @Xentrk instructions and just setup VPN profile 2 as normal for ExpressVPN and route only the ATV 4K through it.

So, I notice on that ads are blocked on my iOS device in Apple News, and in Safari. Although Ads are not blocked on Youtube.com in Safari nor in the iOS App (btw all safari ad blockers are disable). But Ads are definitely blocked everywhere else.

Edit: Everything is working well. The ATV 4K is routed through VPN 2, and VPN 1 has Policy Routing set to Strict and all devices are blocking ads. WooHoo!!

Last edited:
So, I notice on that ads are blocked on my iOS device in Apple News, and in Safari. Although Ads are not blocked on Youtube.com in Safari nor in the iOS App (btw all safari ad blockers are disable). But Ads are definitely blocked everywhere else.

You talking about ads played before the videos?
Diversion can't block them.

You talking about ads played before the videos?
Diversion can't block them.

No, the banner Ads (or the ads at the very top of the page). It's not a big deal, but I'm pedantic lol

This thing is incredible!! OMG I am so in love with this router, why didn't I do this sooner.. I was so happy to see it even included an option to create a Swap file for me, because sure enough, I have now used all RAM. So I have a 16GB flash drive plugged in so just enabled a 1GB Swap file. That should be way more than adequate.

As for the logs - this appears to be saved to the router 'drive' - is there a way to save the logs on the external flash drive instead? Do I need to leave this running in the SSH Terminal or can I 'exit Diversion' and it stays running? Is there an easy test to see if it's working? I suppose any Google ad served site will do achieve that.

I have run the script and all installed ok, I take it that is all I need to do. I am interested in how to analyse or present the logs.

If this works well, this is so awesome I will just leave VPN running permanently on my mobile to route back through this (assuming the VPN doesn't bypass Diversion).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!