What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr. Lonely Coder,

First of all I want to thank you for creating Diversion.

My question is, will Diversion show me if I add to the custom block list a list that is unacceptable?

I added a list that I thought would work but when Diversion went to update the lists it looked like it put a 0 or O in front of the particular list I added and skiped over it.

Can you tell me if Diversion gives out warnings for unacceptable lists and if Diversion takes a unacceptable list does it mess with the way Diversion works?

Thank You,

David

Are you able to share a link to the custom blocklist you’re adding? I don’t know much more than Diversion doesn’t support block lists formatted for browser based adblockers.

Hello,

Sometimes when I update the blocking list in Diversion, I get this screen pop up during the update. I retry to update for a second time just to make sure everything went through correctly with no problems. Please see attached photo for image of screenshot.

111.jpg

Hello,

Sometimes when I update the blocking list in Diversion, I get this screen pop up during the update. I retry to update for a second time just to make sure everything went through correctly with no problems. Please see attached photo for image of screenshot.
Post content of hostslist:
Code:
cat /opt/share/diversion/list/hostslist

Not what I was expecting, this looks good.

Next step, show verbose output when updating. Enter this into the terminal, it writes the line 'set -x' to the file:
Code:
sed -i '/Script Version/a set -x' /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bf.div
Then run b, update blocking list. Copy the verbose output and post it somewhere, pastebin is a good place.
After that, remove the set -x line with:
Code:
sed -i '/set -x/d' /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bf.div

Can anyone think of any ill effects of adding the following domains to the wildcard blacklist?
in-addr.arpa
ip6.arpa

Can anyone think of any ill effects of adding the following domains to the wildcard blacklist?
in-addr.arpa
ip6.arpa
None of the two should be blocked at all in a hosts file.

None of the two should be blocked at all in a hosts file.
How right you are. I had not understood what arpa PTR requests were. I thought it would always come back with the IP address in the arpa request, but it is how IP to name requests work. Blocking them essentially turns a "netstat -a" into a "netstat -an".

I've been using diversion for a while without any sort of issues but today I found my router using 100% of CPU and after a reboot, every time I run diversion and navigate through the menu, on every interaction I get a "grep ^[^#] /opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist" that takes forever to complete.

Anyone knows what's going on?

I want to ask how i call amtm menu and diversion menu after i install it on my ac86u?
Just log into your router for example with PuTTY (enable SSH (LAN only) from router gui (Administration - System)) and type "amtm" (without quotes). A menu is opened (see attached pic) and now you can open Diversion by choosing 1.

amtm and Diversion.png

I want to ask how i call amtm menu and diversion menu after i install it on my ac86u?

After you install AMTM then you can issue the following command via SSH:

Code:
 /jffs/scripts/amtm

after that anytime you want to access AMTM you could simply type:

Code:
amtm

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@thelonelycoder I gave read the FAQ to exclude a client from being filtered by Diversion, but couldn't find DNSFilter under AiProtection tab... only Parental controls, but seems you cannot customize that part.
Could you please help me out with that? Thanks!

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

@thelonelycoder I gave read the FAQ to exclude a client from being filtered by Diversion, but couldn't find DNSFilter under AiProtection tab... only Parental controls, but seems you cannot customize that part.
Could you please help me out with that? Thanks!

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
I beleive DNS Filter is under Lan section now.

I've been using diversion for a while without any sort of issues but today I found my router using 100% of CPU and after a reboot, every time I run diversion and navigate through the menu, on every interaction I get a "grep ^[^#] /opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist" that takes forever to complete.

Anyone knows what's going on?
Can you post the content of the file?
In the terminal, enter this and post it
Code:
cat /opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!