What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I beleive DNS Filter is under Lan section now.
Yes, my bad haha... thanks!
Tried to delete the post once I've found it, but for some reason I couldn't.

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

@thelonelycoder I gave read the FAQ to exclude a client from being filtered by Diversion, but couldn't find DNSFilter under AiProtection tab... only Parental controls, but seems you cannot customize that part.
Could you please help me out with that? Thanks!

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
Look for it in the tabs, it has been moved away from where it used to be. As this is a RMerlin only feature it frequently was mistaken as being part of AiProtection.

Forgive the newbie question- is there a way to have a detailed listing of all the sites visited?

I would like to see what sites/pages some family members are visiting..

Thanks in advance for reading my post!

Forgive the newbie question- is there a way to have a detailed listing of all the sites visited?

Thanks in advance for reading my post!
Diversion is an ad-blocker.

Can you post the content of the file?
In the terminal, enter this and post it
Code:
cat /opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist

As my router became almost inoperative I took the decision to reinstall everything and so far so good.

But I found out that the blockinglist has like 1 or 2MB and mine had 87Mb when grep and sed commands where running forever.

I have this installed on my RT-AC86U. Is there any way to stop Hulu ads?
I believe you have to pay for the No Ad Subscription to Hulu to block ads. But it does block ads on CNET and some other streaming sites. But, you can follow the log file to see if you spot any domain names that may refer to ads serving hosts. I used to be able to block ads on CBS All Access with the lower paid subscription tier using hosts ad blocking files used by Diversion/AB-Solution. But they made some changes and that stopped working over a year ago.

Not Diversion. Try AdaptiveQOS--Web History. Never used it because of, you know, intrafamilial damage.

Hello

Everytime I check it, it says pixelserv not started
I press ep and I assume it kicks starts it coz get option to disable or restart, I do restart and it shows its running
I exit and go back to diversion and its same not running
I also cannot see servstats, says refused to connect

Attachments

• 2019_02_05_08_28_58_Window.jpg
    2019_02_05_08_28_58_Window.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 219
Hello

Everytime I check it, it says pixelserv not started
I press ep and I assume it kicks starts it coz get option to disable or restart, I do restart and it shows its running
I exit and go back to diversion and its same not running
I also cannot see servstats, says refused to connect
Not sure if this would account for your symptoms, but is anything else using Port 443 TCP?

Also, you could try uninstalling pixelserv, rebooting and then reinstalling.

You’re managing pixelserv through the excellent AMTM, I trust?

Last edited:
Not sure if this would account for your symptoms, but is anything else using Port 443 TCP?

Also, you could try uninstalling pixelserv, rebooting and then reinstalling.

You’re managing pixelserv through the excellent AMTM, I trust?

Appreciate u replying back. Port 443 is open

Installed amtm now, these are expanded screenshots - anything u can tell.

I then restarted it, it shows its running, I exit and go back and not running

I am bit novice, so if u can guide me please

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 247
  • dfdfdf.jpg
    dfdfdf.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 197
As my router became almost inoperative I took the decision to reinstall everything and so far so good.

But I found out that the blockinglist has like 1 or 2MB and mine had 87Mb when grep and sed commands where running forever.
blacklist or blocking list? 87MB for the blockinglist is insane. The blacklist should only be some lines you manually add. Mine's about 60 lines long.

Appreciate u replying back. Port 443 is open

Installed amtm now, these are expanded screenshots - anything u can tell.

I then restarted it, it shows its running, I exit and go back and not running

I am bit novice, so if u can guide me please
Check the syslog, it will tell you why pixelserv-tls don't start.

So I disabled diversion and reenabled

Feb 5 13:01:24 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.50.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls
Feb 5 13:01:24 pixelserv-tls[9820]: pixelserv-tls 2.2.0 (compiled: Dec 9 2018 14:17:29 flags: tfo no_tls1_3) options: 192.168.50.2
Feb 5 13:01:24 Entware (aarch64-k3.10): Started pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion
Feb 5 13:01:24 rc_service: service 9828:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Feb 5 13:01:24 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf ) - max timeout = 120s
Feb 5 13:01:24 pixelserv-tls[9820]: Abort: Address already in use - :192.168.50.2:443
Feb 5 13:01:24 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

So I disabled diversion and reenabled

Feb 5 13:01:24 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.50.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls
Feb 5 13:01:24 pixelserv-tls[9820]: pixelserv-tls 2.2.0 (compiled: Dec 9 2018 14:17:29 flags: tfo no_tls1_3) options: 192.168.50.2
Feb 5 13:01:24 Entware (aarch64-k3.10): Started pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion
Feb 5 13:01:24 rc_service: service 9828:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Feb 5 13:01:24 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf ) - max timeout = 120s
Feb 5 13:01:24 pixelserv-tls[9820]: Abort: Address already in use - :192.168.50.2:443
Feb 5 13:01:24 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

So it looks like the problem is that your Port 443 is already in use. Are you running an OpenVPN server on Port 443? I’m not sure if enabling https login similarly uses Port 443. Do you have https login enabled? Try turning off if so.

(This really ought to have gone on the Pixelserv-tls thread rather than Diversion’s)

Last edited:
So it looks like the problem is that your Port 443 is already in use. Are you running an OpenVPN server on Port 443? I imagine enabling https login similarly uses Port 443. Do you have https login enabled? Try turning off if so.

(This really ought to have gone on the Pixelserv-tls thread rather than Diversion’s)

Sorry, didnt know there was seperate thread
No HTTPS
I have Open VPN, using Port 1215 but I disabled it too

I disabled Diverson and then reenabled, same log as above

I checked portchecker

Attachments

• rrt.jpg
    rrt.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 236
Sorry, didnt know there was seperate thread
No HTTPS
I have Open VPN, using Port 1215 but I disabled it too

I disabled Diverson and then reenabled, same log as above

I checked portchecker
Is any other real device on your LAN using 192.168.50.2? Did you change the DHCP pool range to start at 192.168.50.3 or larger?

On your router, please post the output of:
Code:
netstat -anltp | grep ":443 "

Is any other real device on your LAN using 192.168.50.2? Did you change the DHCP pool range to start at 192.168.50.3 or larger?

On your router, please post the output of:
Code:
netstat -anltp | grep ":443 "

No device on that IP

Attachments

• grrp.jpg
    grrp.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 456.jpg
    456.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 310

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!