What's new

Does anyone have the 160Mhz working on netgear x10 r9000 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unless you are using HT160 and Windows is misreporting the link rate (Theoretical Max) that’s the only way. Near 100% efficiency on WiFi let alone Ethernet is impossible due to overhead alone, putting aside other causes.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a real world use for 160Hmz. As stated, I transfer multi-gig video files to and from the NAS. At 160Mhz my laptop connects to the R7800 @1.73Gbps and I can transfer 2GB files @105 to 110 MBps as opposed to 50 to 60MBps. To answer your second question, yes there are 2 adapters from Intel, 1 from Killer (1550), 1 from dell and a few other but can think of their names. 30 MBps difference may not seem like much unless your are transferring files all day.

Was is 100MB/s copy speed

As I am using a7000 connected At 1300Mbps strong

Waver around 100MB/s avg 88MB/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are using HT160 and Windows is misreporting the link rate (Theoretical Max) that’s the only way. Near 100% efficiency on WiFi let alone Ethernet is impossible due to overhead alone, putting aside other causes.
I wish I cared enough to screen shot it for ya.. But I don't, sorry.

My guess as to why its not sanctioned is that it probably doesnt leave DFS channels upon radar detection making it non conformal to regulations.

The FCC entry includes a DFS test report conducted using Firmware version V1.0.1.6_DFS_cus4_1027. I assume that the tests passed which would suggest that the R9000 is capable of conforming with the requirements when using the right firmware.

You are right I remember seeing that, it's definitely an odd situation.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online