What's new

DomainVPNRouting Domain VPN Routing help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Klimeni4

New Around Here
Hello everyone. Help a noob with the setup. VPN Wireguard client is configured on the router.
I want to configure Domain VPN Routing to work only with YouTube via Wireguard.
Policy "zp1" was created, the following domains were added:
Code:
www.youtube.com
accounts.youtube.com
youtu.be
googlevideo.com
www.youtube.ru
ytimg.com
ggpht.com
youtubei.googleapis.com
yt4.ggpht.com
ytimg.l.google.com
nhacmp3youtube.com
googleusercontent.com
googleapis.com
gstatic.com
youtube.com
youtube.ru
i.ytimg.com
i9.ytimg.com
yt3.ggpht.com
play.google.com
But unfortunately nothing works, youtube doesn't work. Wireguard itself works well and if you add a rule for one of the TVs in vpn director, then youtube will work fine, but then because of the location of my vps in the Netherlands, local iptv falls off. I'm tired of turning on and off the vpn director rule every time.
I attach screenshots of the rest of the settings in the router.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.png
    2.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.png
    3.png
    144 KB · Views: 16
Hi there, how have you setup wireguard? Did you set it to redirect trough VPN Director (Policy Rules) only?

Unlike openvpn, there is no such option in the wireguard client settings
Sorry, my bad...

I usually use it with openvpn, but from i gather you have to give it some time to get all the domains ip's that youtube uses...

I use this chrome extension IPvFoo to get all the domains...

You never did mention if you are routing all youtube related domains, inside of wireguard or wan. Did you select the proper interface? You don't need to do anything else in VPN director if you only have one wireguard instance.

Once you setup domain based routing, goto a computer and do a tracert one of those domains and see how and which interface it goes through. May point to your problem.