What's new

Need help to resolve VPN Director issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, the issue is resolved by combining these 2 AllowedIPs in one line (see the revised config file below). I should have included the full web config page in the 1st place. Really appreciate all your help. What a great community here!

[Interface]
PrivateKey =
Address = 172.16.0.2/32
Address = 2606:4700:110:889d:c1ef:27f:14c3:9932/128
DNS = 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 2606:4700:4700::1111, 2606:4700:4700::1001
MTU = 1280
[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
Endpoint = engage.cloudflareclient.com:2408

Address = 172.16.0.2/32
Address = 2606:4700:110:889d:c1ef:27f:14c3:9932/128
I just noticed you also got 2 Address directives and again the import you provided earlier shows only last one (ipv6) got imported. Your peer currently has no ipv4 address. If you say it's working anyway I have to believe you but I don't understand how the router performs SNAT (wich is usually required) without it. These should also be on one line with a ',' between them. Again, something for @RMerlin to look at for future improvements.

Yeah, that's strange as IPv6 is disabled (per RMerlin's suggestion). But I'm positive it's working as "ipleak.net" shows my IP (IPv4 only) from Cloudflare. By the way, I tried to route my guest WiFi subnet to VPN (in VPN Director) but it lost all internet after that. After searching in this wonderful forum, I got the problem resolved by adding the following 2 lines to YazFi's user script:

iptables -I YazFiFORWARD -i wl0.1 -o wgc1 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I YazFiFORWARD -i wgc1 -o wl0.1 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Last edited:
Just for reference, this is how dual stack import looks like:
Screenshot_20240726_134151_Samsung Internet.jpg

I tried manually adding IPv4 address in GUI, but it won't allow me. I went back to config file and combined these 2 address directives into one line and re-upload. It still works. The GUI now shows:
1721994907569.png

Found this from your link:

AllowedIPs — a comma-separated list of IP (v4 orv6) addresses with CIDR masks from which incoming trafficfor this peer is allowed and to which outgoing traffic forthis peer is directed. The catch-all 0.0.0.0/0 may bespecified for matching all IPv4 addresses, and ::/0may be specified for matching all IPv6 addresses. May be specified multiple times.

So it does appear to be a bug in the router.

So the OP should just edit the config file and specify both arguments on one AllowedIPs directive, separated by a comma, then import again.
I implemented importing multiple instances of AllowedIPs and will submit it to Asus for upstream inclusion.

This should be included in 388.8_2.

I implemented importing multiple instances of AllowedIPs and will submit it to Asus for upstream inclusion.

This should be included in 388.8_2.
Great!

Looks like also interface Address and DNS may be specified multiple times:
Address — a comma-separated list of IP (v4 or v6)
addresses (optionally with CIDR masks) to be assigned to
the interface. May be specified multiple times.
DNS — a comma-separated list of IP (v4 or v6) addresses to
be set as the interface's DNS servers, or non-IP hostnames
to be set as the interface's DNS search domains. May be
specified multiple times.

Looks like also interface Address and DNS may be specified multiple times:
I'll see what I can do... This only makes parsing unnecessarily complicated considering they already allow you to provide multiple values per parameter.

The more I have to deal with WireGuard, the more I dislike it. For so many reasons.