What's new

DomainVPNRouting Domain VPN Routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Definitely sounds like there is some other issues going on.

Been watching the thread for a while, but finally got around to installing and tinkering with the script.

So far it seems to be working well (I think) ensuring I get U.S. content for Netflix, Hulu, Max, Disney+, Prime Video, Apple TV+, and Peacock. Used IPFoo to grab a bunch of domains.

Previously I had been using VPN Director to send ALL traffic for certain devices through the VPN.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Been watching the thread for a while, but finally got around to installing and tinkering with the script.

So far it seems to be working well (I think) ensuring I get U.S. content for Netflix, Hulu, Max, Disney+, Prime Video, Apple TV+, and Peacock. Used IPFoo to grab a bunch of domains.

Previously I had been using VPN Director to send ALL traffic for certain devices through the VPN.

Thank you!
can you share the deoamins you used for those?i cant get disney, etflix and Aple to work

can you share the deoamins you used for those?i cant get disney, etflix and Aple to work
It would be nice to set up a thread where we could share the domains for the services we normally use…

It would help a lot of users that are not tech-savvy, to find them easily...

Is there a brave soul who would take on this duty?

Last edited:
It would be nice to set up a thread where we could share the domains for the services we normally use…

It would help a lot of users are not tech-savvy, to find them be other means…

Is there a brave soul who would take on this duty?
Perhaps I can start creating predefined lists that can be downloaded / imported. This would take some community collaboration.

Perhaps I can start creating predefined lists that can be downloaded / imported. This would take some community collaboration.
I would collaborate with that, I am sure other users would also...

Its not completely clear to me, but does this allow me to for example send all youtube.com to VPN and all other traffic over normal WAN? I looked through the readme, but couldn't determine concretely.

Its not completely clear to me, but does this allow me to for example send all youtube.com to VPN and all other traffic over normal WAN? I looked through the readme, but couldn't determine concretely.
Yes that is correct, you would have to add the domains for YT to a policy to be routed over a VPN.

Yes that is correct, you would have to add the domains for YT to a policy to be routed over a VPN.
So I add YouTube.com to a policy call YouTube. But when I do a trace route to YouTube it still just shows the traffic going normally over WAN. From any device.

But if I use vpn director add an individual device to that von interface it sends all traffic over the vpn.

Can you provide more detail on how I should be configured

Edited to add domains I used for Netflix and Hulu.

Below are the domains I started with for several streaming services. In all cases, I ran the update policy option (8) a few dozen times after adding. If anyone smarter than me notices domains that should not be included, or formatting issues, please let me know.

Full disclosure, I stopped using the script for now, because I couldn’t fix an issue I was having with DirecTV Go. I live in Peru and want Peruvian content for DirecTV Go but US content for all the streaming services bellow. Basically, I couldn’t seem to force DirecTV Go to go through the WAN when all the thru VPN policies below were in effect.

Netflix (US)

www.netflix.com
ae.nflximg.net
anycast.ftl.netflix.com
assets.nflxext.com
dnm.nflximg.net
iftpazgyp6n5kmmfmbowk-us-east-1.r.nflxso.net
ipv4-c019-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c031-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c037-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c038-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c061-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c069-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c071-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c075-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c076-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c077-lax009-ix.ftl.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c080-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c090-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c091-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
ipv4-c100-lax009-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net
oca-api.netflix.com
occ-0-3996-3997.1.nflxso.net
push.prod.netflix.com
web.prod.cloud.netflix.com

Hulu (US)

www.hulu.com
ads-a-darwin.hulustream.com
ariel.hulu.com
auth.hulu.com
discover.hulu.com
emu.hulu.com
home.hulu.com
http-a-darwin.hulustream.com
hulu.playback.edge.bamgrid.com
ib2.hulu.com
img.hulu.com
img1.hulu.com
img2.hulu.com
img3.hulu.com
img4.hulu.com
play.hulu.com
player.hulu.com
vodmanifest.hulustream.com

Disney+ (US)

www.disneyplus.com
assets.adobedtm.com
bam-sdk-configs.bamgrid.com
cdn.registerdisney.go.com
disney.api.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.connections.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.content.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.images.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.playback.edge.bamgrid.com
pcs.bamgrid.com
playback-certs.bamgrid.com
prod-ripcut-delivery.disney-plus.net
prod-static.disney-plus.net
static-assets.bamgrid.com
vod-akc-na-central-1.media.dssott.com
vod-akc-na-east-2.media.dssott.com
vod-bgc-na-east-1.media.dssott.com
vod-ftc-na-east-2.media.dssott.com
vpe-static.bamgrid.com

Max (US)

play.max.com
akm.prd.media.h264.io
app.link
api.max.com
api.discomax.com
images.cdn.prd.api.discomax.com
default.beam-any.prd.api.max.com
default.beam-amer.use.prd.api.max.com
default.any-any.prd.api.max.com
busy.any-any.prd.api.discomax.com
busy.any-amer.prd.api.max.com

Peacock (US)

www.peacocktv.com
api-na.ocellus.nbcuni.com
atom.peacocktv.com
connect.ctn.spc.prod.nbcuott.com
cybertron.id.peacocktv.com
g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-cf.cdn.peacocktv.com
g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-fy.cdn.peacocktv.com
imageservice.disco.peacocktv.com
ingest.ocellus.nbcuni.com
meg.disco.peacocktv.com
ovp.peacocktv.com
play.ovp.peacocktv.com
sas.peacocktv.com
throttled.ovp.peacocktv.com
web.clients.peacocktv.com

Amazon Prime Video (US)

www.amazon.com
abebhgaaaaaaaaamanucvrh5fgpdx.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
abebhgaaaaaaaaamhzygoxchfww6v.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
abebhgaaaaaaaaamlmv6633z66eji.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
atv-ps.amazon.com
cf-trickplay.aux.pv-cdn.net
cloudfront.xp-assets.aiv-cdn.net
completion.amazon.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
m.media-amazon.com
prod.us-east-1.sonar.prime-video.amazon.dev
s3-dub-2.cf.trailer.row.aiv-cdn.net
ters-draper1.us-east-1.aiv-delivery.net

Apple TV+ (US)

tv.apple.com
amp-api.music.apple.com
appleid.cdn-apple.com
auth.tv.apple.com
buy.tv.apple.com
cma2.itunes.apple.com
daf.xp.apple.com
idmsa.apple.com
is1-ssl.mzstatic.com
mediaauth.apple.com
mediaservices.cdn-apple.com
play-edge.itunes.apple.com
play.itunes.apple.com
vod-ap-aoc.tv.apple.com
www.apple.com
xp.apple.com

Last edited:
Here are the dom

Below are the domains I started with for several streaming services. In all cases, I ran the update policy option (8) a few dozen times after adding. I’ll ircle back when I find the domains I started with for other services (e.g., Hulu, Netflix). If anyone smarter than me notices domains that should not be included, or formatting issues, please let me know.

Full disclosure, I stopped using the script for now, because I couldn’t fix an issue I was having with DirecTV Go (I live in Peru and want Peruvian content for DirecTV Go but US content for all the streaming services bellow). Basically, I couldn’t seem to force DirecTV Go to go through the WAN when all the thru VPN policies below were in effect.

Disney+ (US)

www.disneyplus.com
assets.adobedtm.com
cdn.registerdisney.go.com
disney.connections.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.content.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.images.edge.bamgrid.com
disney.playback.edge.bamgrid.com
pcs.bamgrid.com
playback-certs.bamgrid.com
prod-ripcut-delivery.disney-plus.net
prod-static.disney-plus.net
static-assets.bamgrid.com
vod-akc-na-central-1.media.dssott.com
vod-akc-na-east-2.media.dssott.com
vod-bgc-na-east-1.media.dssott.com
vod-ftc-na-east-2.media.dssott.com
vpe-static.bamgrid.com

Max (US)

play.max.com
akm.prd.media.h264.io
app.link
api.max.com
api.discomax.com
images.cdn.prd.api.discomax.com
default.beam-any.prd.api.max.com
default.any-any.prd.api.max.com
busy.any-any.prd.api.discomax.com
busy.any-amer.prd.api.max.com

Peacock (US)

www.peacocktv.com
api-na.ocellus.nbcuni.com
atom.peacocktv.com
connect.ctn.spc.prod.nbcuott.com
cybertron.id.peacocktv.com
g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-cf.cdn.peacocktv.com
g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-fy.cdn.peacocktv.com
imageservice.disco.peacocktv.com
ingest.ocellus.nbcuni.com
meg.disco.peacocktv.com
ovp.peacocktv.com
play.ovp.peacocktv.com
sas.peacocktv.com
throttled.ovp.peacocktv.com
web.clients.peacocktv.com

Amazon Prime Video (US)

www.amazon.com
abebhgaaaaaaaaamanucvrh5fgpdx.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
abebhgaaaaaaaaamhzygoxchfww6v.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
abebhgaaaaaaaaamlmv6633z66eji.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
atv-ps.amazon.com
cf-trickplay.aux.pv-cdn.net
cloudfront.xp-assets.aiv-cdn.net
completion.amazon.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
m.media-amazon.com
prod.us-east-1.sonar.prime-video.amazon.dev
s3-dub-2.cf.trailer.row.aiv-cdn.net
ters-draper1.us-east-1.aiv-delivery.net

Apple TV+ (US)

tv.apple.com
amp-api.music.apple.com
appleid.cdn-apple.com
auth.tv.apple.com
buy.tv.apple.com
cma2.itunes.apple.com
daf.xp.apple.com
idmsa.apple.com
is1-ssl.mzstatic.com
mediaauth.apple.com
mediaservices.cdn-apple.com
play-edge.itunes.apple.com
play.itunes.apple.com
vod-ap-aoc.tv.apple.com
www.apple.com
xp.apple.com
So I use DirecTV Stream with the included Osprey Android TV Box. I was also having that problem with the script including Directv Stream when I tried to bypass certain domains for other services such as Amazon Prime (The issue is since certain ips are shared with amazon for there service)... With further research, I found these domains applied in the script to bypass the vpn only for Prime / Hulu / & /Disney / Roku. I use the VPN for DirecTV stream to fix the location & IP. Since my ISP's ip is Dynamic. With these domains it doesn't bypass the vpn it's only bypassing for the Applied services. I verified that by using my OSPREY boxes from stream services and going preferences in settings on the osprey then Location Settings and seeing Home Location: Connected.

Policy Name: Amazon
Interface: wan
Verbose Logging: Disabled
Private IP Addresses: Disabled
Domains:
aiv-cdn.net
aiv-delivery.net
amazon.com
amazonvideo.com
atv-ps.amazon.com
completion.amazon.com
m.media-amazon.com
media-amazon.com
primevideo.com
pv-cdn.net
ssl-images-amazon.com

Policy Name: Hulu
Domains:
a.huluad.com
assets.hulu.com
assets.huluim.com
fa.hulu.com
hulu.com
hulustream.com
ib.hulu.com
ib1.huluim.com
ib2.huluim.com
ib3.huluim.com
ib4.huluim.com
mozart.hulu.com
p.hulu.com
play.hulu.com
pt.hulu.com
s.hulu.com
secure.hulu.com
secure.huluim.com
ss-e-darwin.hulu.com
static.huluim.com
t.hulu.com
t2.hulu.com
tempo-fallback.hulu.com
tempo.hulu.com
urlcheck.hulu.com
vortex.hulu.com

Policy Name: Disney
Domains:

Policy Name: Roku
Domains:
amoeba.web.roku.com
assets.sr.roku.com
austin.logs.roku.com
cloudservices.roku.com
cooper.logs.roku.com
giga.logs.roku.com
googletv.web.roku.com
griffin.logs.roku.com
liberty.logs.roku.com
littlefield.logs.roku.com
my.roku.com
p.ads.roku.com
paolo.logs.roku.com
pixel.web.roku.com
prod.mobile.roku.com
ravm.net
ravm.tv
roku.com
rokutime.com
scribe.logs.roku.com
static-delivery.sr.roku.com
sugarland.logs.roku.com
therokuchannel.roku.com
tyler.logs.roku.com
victoria.logs.roku.com
vod-playlist.sr.roku.com
vod.delivery.roku.com
w55c.net
windsor.logs.roku.com
wv-license.sr.roku.com
wwwimg.roku.com

Reactions: fsb
ipset v7.6: Syntax error: Comment is longer than the maximum allowed 255 characters

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.176.202 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

ipset v7.6: Syntax error: Comment is longer than the maximum allowed 255 characters

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.176.206 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.64.106 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.64.110 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.64.74 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.64.78 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.170 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.174 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.202 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.206 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.234 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.65.238 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.72.106 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.72.110 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.10 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.106 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.110 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.14 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.42 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.46 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.74 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.80.78 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.81.234 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.250.81.238 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.32.106 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.32.110 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.35.170 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.35.174 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.106 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.110 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.138 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.142 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.170 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.174 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.202 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.206 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.234 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.40.238 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.41.10 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 142.251.41.14 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 172.217.165.138 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

domain_vpn_routing: Query Policy - ***Error*** Failed to add 172.217.165.142 to IPSET: DomainVPNRouting-Google-ipv4

What does this mean?? I keep getting this error when querying the policy I created !

Last edited:
Can I have some assistance with setting up the script to pass specific domains but all other traffic over WAN?
1. Install script, through AMTM is the easiest.

2. Create a new policy (11), name it, identify which active VPN interface you want to use, select desired options.

3. Add domain (14), type in domain or subdomain, identify which policy you want it to use.

4. Repeat, ensuring you add as many domains as possible identified with the particular site/service. IPFoo Chrome extension can help identify these domains.

5. By default, policies will update every 15 minutes, pulling new IP addresses associated with the domains and respective policies. Particularly when starting a new policy, you may wish to use option 8 to manually update the policies several times to ensure you’re associating as many IPs as possible.

6. Enjoy.

Reactions: fsb