What's new

[Experimental] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 test - AiMesh/DNSSEC through OpenSSL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no my ISP

if you have a smart connect turned on disable it, and check again.

I have never used Smart Connect but will check to see if it was turned on by mistake. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you have a smart connect turned on disable it, and check again.

Nope, it is not on. Not sure why this is. Anyone has this box automatically checked with their 160 MHz bandwidth setup?

Nope, it is not on. Not sure why this is. Anyone has this box automatically checked with their 160 MHz bandwidth setup?

I stay away from the extra channels and the 160 setting, my wireless is spot on and dependable. I find this works for me as I don't yet have any supported devices for the above mentioned settings.

I think @RMerlin mentioned he has a P30 that supports 160 but I've heard no one else mention it.

I have the setting enabled in my settings. All my devices seem to run fine with it.

upload_2019-7-16_13-49-12.png

Pleasant surprise with this new alpha, i don’t have mesh, but all wireless clients show up with my given names now, instead of some with <no name> ;) Thanks!

Thanks @Merlin for trying to make iMesh work. So far so good.
A few things that I noticed:
Both with or without my vpn client at random moments all devices do no longer get wan access. When I stop the VPN client in some cases WAN access comes back but often I have to power off and reboot the router to get it all up and running until it happens again. .... I have a feeling that the DNS is the problem causer ...
I do not see anything in my log files though .

Can anyone confirm if the RT-AC68u works properly with AImesh? Im thinking about adding a second router with my RT-AC86u and dont really want to fork over the money for another 86u.

Would it be unwise to buy a 68u since it is soooo old? What features would I be lacking if I do so etc. Im also concerned Merlin might EOL it soon. Should I wait for a newer mid-end model (not sure if one is in the pipeline)
or just wait and get another 86u?

Can anyone confirm if the RT-AC68u works properly with AImesh? Im thinking about adding a second router with my RT-AC86u and dont really want to fork over the money for another 86u.

Would it be unwise to buy a 68u since it is soooo old? What features would I be lacking if I do so etc. Im also concerned Merlin might EOL it soon. Should I wait for a newer mid-end model (not sure if one is in the pipeline)
68U doesnt support SmartConnect, otherwise if you get a very cheap one go for it, as Aimesh-node there isnt real problem securitywise if you wont get updates in the future.

Looking at the download stats for the Merlin firmware it's one the most (the most) popular router so don't think it wil go EOL soon. I don't use the SmartConnect as I want to allocate devices to 2.4 or 5Ghz and don't know if the 86u will control the devices on my 68u so shut it down completely. It works without any issues in my setup.

https://imgur.com/a/OoWopRD

Last edited:

The AC68U has been a huge success for Asus, a best seller. I doubt that support for it would be dropped anytime soon.

I stay away from the extra channels and the 160 setting, my wireless is spot on and dependable. I find this works for me as I don't yet have any supported devices for the above mentioned settings.

My 160 used to work just fine. It took me a while to figure out what channel worked better for me but once I did I no longer had any disconnects.

Mine works like a charm, I use 384.13 alpha 2 on my master and stock firmware on the AC68U.

I have the setting enabled in my settings. All my devices seem to run fine with it.

View attachment 18654

This is interesting. That is how my 160 MHz setting used to look like without the AUTO channel setting box being automatically checked. And I have used this setup for quite some time now since I got my AX88U. Well, I will have to see if there is anything else that is causing this box to get auto checked.

I don’t remember doing anything different with my router lately except installing the alpha-2 FW in the main AiMesh router and adding the mesh nodes to it one by one. I will try to reinstall the alpha-2 again and see if this helps.

i found my 68u's were the easiest to setup, also i have found no conflict with using them when attached to a router using smart connect--- as i have tested with and without, i noticed I usually get the higher 5ghz band with smartconnect turned on Main node, it will usually start at the 2.4ghz and quickly shift to the 5ghz, ( if the devices is a 5Ghz device), when connecting to a 68U. and yes the 68U will transition you from 2.4ghz to 5ghz just fine, atleast it does for me.

Last edited:

View attachment 18654
160GHz runs fine for me in Router mode. If I don't enable 160MHz, no 5GHz (plus 5GHz light on router turned off) only 2.4GHz support, Smartconnect is disabled.

160GHz runs fine for me in Router mode. If I don't enable 160MHz, no 5GHz (plus 5GHz light on router turned off) only 2.4GHz support, Smartconnect is disabled.

It has worked quite well for me and have not messed with it all until now.

Figured it out [emoji6]. I had to reset my AX88U. Will now begin the long journey of slowly adding everything that I had on it before (Diversion, etc) along with mesh nodes, etc. [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

Status
Not open for further replies.