What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Another request for an N66 user.....I was catching up in another forum, and may have run across the command to display the power setting for the N66.

Can you try the following via SSH/telnet and post the output (if any)

Code:
wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
Thanks!

wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)

wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
wl: Not up

Hi John

Thanks for your great work, iTunes server works again in your newest update.

Would it be possible for you to add support for Time machine backup on OS X?

Last edited:
Another request for an N66 user.....I was catching up in another forum, and may have run across the command to display the power setting for the N66.

Can you try the following via SSH/telnet and post the output (if any)

Code:
wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
Thanks!

Code:
wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
 wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
1 mW (0.0 dBm)

Code:
wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
 wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
1 mW (0.0 dBm)

I got the same.
What I don't understand is 5GHz gives 1 mW.
What does this tell us? :confused:
My output power setting (GUI) is 80mW on both bands.

wtf??

Oh, this weekend the clock shifted because of daylight savings.
Don't forget to reboot your router if you use parental control.

It's a known bug a few processes are still stuck on the previous time setting.
This messes with parental control time slots.

I got the same.
What I don't understand is 5GHz gives 1 mW.
What does this tell us? :confused:
My output power setting (GUI) is 80mW on both bands.

wtf??

The commands are broken....I was hoping that maybe they would work on ASUS/Merlin builds, but no such luck. (It's consistent with other alternative firmware).

Don't think so. This is what they return on mine:
Code:
# wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
# wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
Running Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35_4-sdk5.

Don't think so. This is what they return on mine:
Code:
# wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
# wl -i eth2 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)
Running Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35_4-sdk5.

sdk5 vs sdk6...

Hi.
Got AC68U device. Today finally switched from standard Merlin to Fork. First 30-30-30, than Factory Reset, then install Fork, Factory reset, setup, unlock regions with
Code:
nvram set 0:ccode=#a
19nvram set 1:ccode=#a
20nvram set 0:regrev=0
21nvram set 1:regrev=0
22nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
23nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
24nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
25nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
26nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
27nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
28nvram commit
29reboot
this one. BUT! Got only http://cl.ly/image/1L2U430P0Y2P/Image 2014-10-29 at 12.00.59 AM.png 450 Mbps. And my LAN speed falls to 100Mbps vs 1Gb instead. Why?
I setup 5GHz http://cl.ly/image/1L2U430P0Y2P/Image 2014-10-29 at 12.00.59 AM.png and http://cl.ly/image/1g411n1w2e0Q
What I am doing wrong? I want my 1300Mbps on Wi-Fi and 1Gb on LAN.

Ah, OK, so broken command introduced with sdk6.

I suspect they broke it when they added the AC mode support (a lot of the 5Ghz parameter formats changed for AC mode routers, including the max power vars from a hex value to decimal).

Seems to me for what ever reason this Fork seems to rival the signal of the old SDK5 builds. I also have noticed that on 5 Ghz using the lower channels does not result in lower power output its the same as the upper channels. :) Just another reason i like the Fork !!

Seems to me for what ever reason this Fork seems to rival the signal of the old SDK5 builds. I also have noticed that on 5 Ghz using the lower channels does not result in lower power output its the same as the upper channels. Just another reason i like the Fork !!

Which fork version are you currently using? I'm using v3 at the moment.

Which fork version are you currently using? I'm using v3 at the moment.

All forks uses the same em driver, and should be all equal when it comes to the signal strengths. The only con with the forks, in my experience, it drains my iPhone's battery quicker than the latest SDK6.

Right now Version 5 is just on my system. The V5 update is going to be a 'standard' fork security update, basically just picking up the new modules from Merlin (OpenSSL, dropbear, miniupnpd)....but this was actually quite a bit of code.

I actually have a little release procedure I go through on the final code. 72 hour runtime, some gui verification, OpenVPN client on/off, DLNA server (both wired/powerline and wireless), LAN and WAN speedtests.... I really don't like to put up anything bad if I can help it.

Shortly afterwards (a couple of days) will be a V6 'new function' beta based on V5 that will definitely need testing (and probably updates) for the hardware I don't have to test on. This will go into a separate download location.

This way I will have a stable path for the folks to follow, and one for those that like to experiment.

Right now Version 5 is just on my system. The V5 update is going to be a 'standard' fork security update, basically just picking up the new modules from Merlin (OpenSSL, dropbear, miniupnpd)....but this was actually quite a bit of code.

Just a heads-up: Thomas pushed an official 1.9 release for miniupnpd, so I just updated my repo to that final 1.9 release (I was previously using a Git snapshot from a few days ago as I wanted to pickup the NAT-PMP fixes he added on Oct 23rd).

Just a heads-up: Thomas pushed an official 1.9 release for miniupnpd, so I just updated my repo to that final 1.9 release (I was previously using a Git snapshot from a few days ago as I wanted to pickup the NAT-PMP fixes he added on Oct 23rd).

Thanks for the heads up...I do really appreciate you keeping an eye out on this for me.