What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see thanks. I dident see a guide.
So I used the rescue tool and it uploaded fine, then it went for the reset and 1% and then done. And the stock FW is still on the router after reboot. Am I missing anything?
If the AC66U is like N66U (which is likely as the hardware is almost identical) you have to ignore the "progress" being indicated. Flashing in rescue mode is very slow on those models. Put router in rescue mode and upload the new firmware. Ignore any messages saying it's completed - it hasn't. Wait for 1 hour for it to complete, then power cycle the router.

Would it be possible to get a thread for the above?
joe a said:

Thanks!

HMM. Looks like we need a new thread for the new Dev / Beta version

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D4​

(please)​

We have now received

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D7,​

which is definitely appreciated.
However,there is no new thread for it or its predecessor.

Hello.
Could you tell me please? How can i add the custom server to the DoT server list? I want to use adguard DoT DNS address.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-21 184954.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-21 184954.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 169
Unfortunately, custom item removed after reexecuting this stubby-update-resolvers.sh
So i guess it require resetting after update
AFAIK stubby-update-resolvers.sh doesn't run by itself. So it shouldn't be an issue unless you run it again or wipe the jffs partition.

IDK bug or random issue. After install mc through opkg it didn't work

mc can't load library 'libintl.so.8'

Solved by installing libintl-full package through opkg

We have now received

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D7,​

which is definitely appreciated.
However,there is no new thread for it or its predecessor.
It is strange there is not a discussion thread on this. Can not anyone make a new thread for it?

Yes, anyone can.

Perhaps it's just the moon, but though the skydrive appears and the firmware looks to be there and available, no builds from 2022 to Jan 23 will download. Is there an alternative repository? Thanks and happy NY John:)

Perhaps it's just the moon, but though the skydrive appears and the firmware looks to be there and available, no builds from 2022 to Jan 23 will download. Is there an alternative repository? Thanks and happy NY John:)
I think OneDrive is having issues. Sometimes I needed to refresh the page to get any files to show up (even for my own account). However, after that I was able to download them without problem.

P.S. There are no builds for 2023, only 2022.

Thank you very much for the work! Anyone who has no knowledge but an older router is grateful, John9527.

How would it be possible to reciprocate?
For example, I could donate something that I like to do for software that I use.

Thank you very much for the work! Anyone who has no knowledge but an older router is grateful, John9527.

How would it be possible to reciprocate?
For example, I could donate something that I like to do for software that I use.
Unfortunately this project has been dropped by the developer so you might be better off looking at alternative 3rd party firmware depending on your Asus router model.

Really? Oh man, I hadn't read anything about that, so I didn't know anything either. :confused:
I have an older unsupported (EoL) RT-AC66U Router.
Should this (even after the security vulnerabilities of Asus firmwares that have now become known) really only be electronic waste?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!