What's new

Forward FQDN to LAN IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So, I enabled port forwarding; set the username as the fqdn and the external port as 80; set the internal port and internal ip address; protocol is TCP.

I entered the fqdn in my web browser and received 'server not found'

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do. There is no "username" or FQDN on the port forwarding page.

Please explain in more detail.

Newbie here. How can I forward an FQDN to an IP on my LAN?
What router are you using and what firmware is it running?
Which page are you entering the port forwarding information on?

Hi,

Newbie here. How can I forward an FQDN to an IP on my LAN?
You can have a look at this place : Configure Hosts File on Asus
I previously (until last year) used this method to create a FQDN entry of my DDNS record to allow me to access this URL from the LAN, like if I was outside, without having to create a hotspot with my cell phone or manually change the host file locally on each computer I had.
I don't use it anymore but it worked well.
Hope this was what you wanted and this will help.

The OP might want to consider using Cloudflare. It makes this really simple. No need for port forwarding. You can hide your own public IP and various ports behind the Cloudflare proxy server based on any FQDN you prefer. You can add options like MFA, geo blocking, etc. It's awesome, and free.

You can even install the Cloudflare connector directly on the router.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do. There is no "username" or FQDN on the port forwarding page.

Please explain in more detail.
Sorry, I meant service name. Actually, I only want to access my server when I am on the LAN using an FQDN and an SSL cert.

saison2023:
You can have a look at this place : Configure Hosts File on Asus
I previously (until last year) used this method to create a FQDN entry of my DDNS record to allow me to access this URL from the LAN, like if I was outside, without having to create a hotspot with my cell phone or manually change the host file locally on each computer I had.
I don't use it anymore but it worked well.
Hope this was what you wanted and this will help.
I think this is the solution I am looking for. I will try it out this week and report back.

eibgrad: I think your solution will be the next step in my evolution as a homelabber.:)