What's new

GT-AX11000 Time Machine Not working on latest Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just an update it has now been a whole overnight and switching the Time Machine destination from the hostname to the actual ip of the router seems to fix this issue. Is there a way to create a script so the router broadcast that instead of the hostname. I think it’s something with this:
  • adisk.postconf (Time Machine)
  • afpd.postconf (Time Machine)
  • avahi-daemon.postconf (Time Machine)
Maybe @Tech9 or @RMerlin can chime in on how to do this.

So it could be related to AdGuard. I don’t think lan names are resolving to there ips correctly. Any insights. Right now in my upstream dns this is there:
[/router.asus.com/][::]:553
[/www.asusnetwork.net/][::]:553
[/www.asusrouter.com/][::]:553
[/use-application-dns.net/][::]:553
[/dns.resolver.arpa/][::]:553
[/local/][::]:553
[//][::]:553
tcp://9.9.9.9
tcp://8.8.8.8

So it could be related to AdGuard.
Note that the OP started a new discussion on TimeMachine and AdGuard:

I'm out. Every time someone states something is not working in firmware is not telling us what else is installed there on top and we end up in a big guessing game what is happening. This is like troubleshooting an unknown configuration.

I'm out. Every time someone states something is not working in firmware is not telling us what else is installed there on top and we end up in a big guessing game what is happening. This is like troubleshooting an unknown configuration.

Not much has been done on the TimeMachine support for a long time, and Apple with their client support is a moving target...

With backups, things have to be reliable, and where it stands right now, with Apple Silicon, current OSX, and file system changes...

Buy a decent HDD/SSD and back up local - otherwise, the best TimeMachine network host at the moment is another Mac...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!