What's new

Gt-AX6000 manufacturing year

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheBigShow

New Around Here
Put a low ball offer on a 'new' GT-AX6000 on ebay, as there is a live cashback promotion in the UK for Asus products from retailers. Guy said price was way too low as it was the 2024 model and had improved 'firmware updates, performance improvements, port configuration and WiFi 6 enhancements'. I can't find any info on any updates of this kind so just left it at that.

Can anyone confirm if there are 2024 models and if there are improvements to the router? The box pictures did state a 2024 manufacturing year.

If there are improvements to the model, is there any easy way to confirm the model/year before buying through a retailer?

Last edited:
While there might be minor hardware revisions over time I'm not aware of any for this model that would have any significant effect. Certainly not of the type you quoted.

From that quote it sounds like the seller doesn't really understand Asus routers or their firmware. I suspect what he's referring to is the fact that since late 2023 the GT-AX6000 would have shipped with Asus' new "ASUSWRT 5.0" (3.0.0.6.102_xxx) firmware. That firmware is a significant change from the previous firmware branch (3.0.0.4.388_xxx). But there's nothing to stop you updating a router running the older firmware to the newer branch. In fact owners should do this as a matter of course.

From that quote it sounds like the seller doesn't really understand Asus routers or their firmware.
Thanks for the reply.

I thought this would be the case also, but didn't want to waste my time further.

I'll keep an eye out on retail sites while the cashback deal is still live and just play safe with a reputable seller.

I believe the seller was confused, as there was supposed to be a version with Qualcomm hardware that afaik never entered the market. It was also said to have 10 Gbps ports and eight Gigabit ports.

There are some pics on the FCC.

1725557718892.png

1725557811295.png

Here's a link to the cashback offer details as it covers quite a few Asus products:
ASUS UK Cashback Link

When you scroll to the bottom of the above page, there's another offer for an additional £25 off for "rating your gear".
Here's the link for the details:
ASUS UK Rate Your Gear Promo Link

For the 'rate your gear' promo it's only a subset of the products that are being offered for the first cashback promo. For example the GT-AX6000 is included in both, so could bring the price down to £114.98. But the RT-BE88U is included on the first promo for £30 cashback, but it not listed in the rate your gear promo.