What's new

GT-BE98 FW 3.0.0.6.102_34372/Adaptive QoS Broken

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Adaptive QoS is currently broken on Wifi 7 devices.
I'm not a beta tester.
I didn't read on the box or information that said some don't work.
I paid in full with non-stolen money.
Will I buy a car tomorrow with all the seats locked?
Is this Asus quality?

You may discover that you do not need QOS especially if you have FIOS or cable with high bandwidth.

you do not need QOS

This is not an excuse for advertised, but non-working features. They probably don't need reliable Dual WAN as well, but also paid for it. They probably plan AiMesh with older firmware Asus devices, but no one mentioned Asuswrt 5.0 features are not supported. Perhaps no one mentioned to them core Asuswrt features require data sharing with 3rd party company as well, comes as a surprise for some users. A car with locked seats and tracking.

I didn't read on the box or information that said some don't work.
It's software. Bugs happen. Microsoft and Google are issuing bug fixes on a monthly basis, for example.

It blows, but that's the sad reality of modern software that we live in these days.

It's software. Bugs happen. Microsoft and Google are issuing bug fixes on a monthly basis, for example.

It blows, but that's the sad reality of modern software that we live in these days.
Excuse me, but there is something ridiculous in all this:
I'll explain.
The values entered in the upload/download field are taken into account by the firmware but it is as if I entered 0/0.
In fact, if I exit and return the values are those entered by me.
It is precisely the QoS engine that does not take charge of the values even if they are apparently entered.
Maybe the tech department should test the QoS better than a hasty response.

Attachments

• IMG_8968.jpeg
    IMG_8968.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 14
It is precisely the QoS engine that does not take charge of the values even if they are apparently entered.
That's what I said - Adaptive QoS is broken. The tc filters and queues are not generated, at least in the code I have access to, which is a few months old now. Without queues and filters, the values you enter on the webui don't have any effect on traffic (and actually no traffic classification occurs either).

Maybe the tech department should test the QoS better than a hasty response.
That is an odd response. I suspect he misunderstood the issue you were reporting and only looked at the webui values rather than what was happening under the hood.

You may discover that you do not need QOS especially if you have FIOS or cable with high bandwidth.

There's still a need out there - not everyone has a good broadband connects that is remotely symmetric...

My ISP actually offers up a 10/1000 rate plan that is $20USD higher than my 50/500 that I use right now - notice I use uplink first there, as that's a higher priority for many like me that work from home...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!