What's new

Guest Wireless Auth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yadda

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

We have a small office that hosts 3rd party often that need Internet access. I would like to have a wireless firewall that for GUEST access only allows traffic to Internet (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, etc). So there would Guest login, then company users who would login with their credentials for access according to firewall policy for internal and internet. Would a Zyxel device(s) suffice for this requirement?

TIA

If you want an out-of-box solution, i.e. not using DD-WRT or other alternative firmware loads, yes. I am not sure which product you are thinking of. It looks like there is only one "HotSpot Gateway" now (N4100/VSG-1200 V2) and it's relatively expensive at $500 USD.

Cisco Meraki has several authentication methods including also, to use MerakiDHCP, which creates a 10.x.x.x. IP range for your guests and is seperated from your main LAN.

Also there is the usual splash screen authentication as well

Attachments

• n41.meraki.com_2014-05-20_14-22-39.jpg
    n41.meraki.com_2014-05-20_14-22-39.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 468
  • n41.meraki.com_2014-05-20_14-23-47.jpg
    n41.meraki.com_2014-05-20_14-23-47.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 310

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!